PDA

View Full Version : Farrah Fawcett dies from cancer

zapper1998
06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Farrah Fawcett dies from cancer
Thu 25 Jun 6:33 PM. By Press Association

Farrah Fawcett has died aged 62, following her lengthy battle with cancer.

The actress - who became an icon after starring in cult 70s TV show Charlie's Angels - had recently returned to St. John's Health Center in Los Angeles for treatment for cancer, first diagnosed three years ago.

Ryan O'Neal, her partner since 1982, was at Farrah's side throughout her final days.

Earlier this week Ryan had revealed he and Farrah planned to marry after 27 years together. The couple had a son together, Redmond, who was born in 1985.

On June 24 Farrah's publicist wrote on social networking site Twitter that the actress was close to death and had been read the last rites.

Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006 and began treatment, including chemotherapy and surgery.

Four months later, on her 60th birthday, she released a statement saying she was delighted to have been given the all clear.

In May 2007 the cancer returned and Farrah reportedly sought alternative treatment in Germany.

Her condition became critical in April this year, after the cancer spread.

JohnMarchant
06-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Very sad indeed. She still has the record as the most brought poster in history even after over 30 years

JeffrySG
06-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Very sad indeed. She still has the record as the most brought poster in history even after over 30 years

Oh I remember that poster well! I had a nice glossy 8x10 b/w pic of her too growing up!

JohnMarchant
06-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah i had it as a young teenager, bet it might be in my parents loft somewhere, maybe it will be worth a bit.

Very sad though