PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson has passed away

toby
06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
No joke. He was found in his home not breathing and no heartbeat, they were unable to resuscitate him.
Rest in Peace.

cresshead
06-25-2009, 05:11 PM
:cry:

saw him in london on the bad tour...was an amazing show

Kuzey
06-25-2009, 05:19 PM
I saw the Bad and History shows in Melbourne, I've seen nothing as good since. Janet Jackson concerts came a distant second, that's how great he was.

A sad day indeed.

Kuzey

hrgiger
06-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, Farah Fawcett and now MJ. Very sad. Who will be the third, as they always go in 3's?

cc3d
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
looks like the plastic surgery industry is going to take a downward turn as well now.

toby
06-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, Farah Fawcett and now MJ. Very sad. Who will be the third, as they always go in 3's?
Er, economy, influenza... I'd say *all* of us?

'09 is turning out to be a great year - if you're SATAN...

cresshead
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
yup...2009 is not a great year and we're not 50% thru it yet.

UnCommonGrafx
06-25-2009, 07:23 PM
The Third was Ed McMahon; he was first.

cresshead
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM

sorry must be a usa 'thing' never heard of the poor chap

IMI
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
That's a damn shame about Ed McMahon and Farrah...

IMI
06-25-2009, 07:54 PM
sorry must be a usa 'thing' never heard of the poor chap

Was Johnny Carson's partner/co-host on The Tonight Show, for, like centuries.
That's a USA thing too. ;)

MooseDog
06-25-2009, 09:49 PM
wasn't ed mcmahan the fourth angel in the original charlie's angels pilot?

godspeed to 3 souls.

doimus
06-26-2009, 01:32 AM
I went to bed hearing about Farrah Fawcett, and woke up hearing about Michael Jackson.

That's disturbing. :(

biliousfrog
06-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Just heard my first MJ joke - I tried to hide it with spoiler tags but it didn't work so I'll leave it off

DiedonD
06-26-2009, 03:16 AM
Does anybody knows how did he die?!

At only 50, middle age, doesnt sounds like he passed away from old age!

Panikos
06-26-2009, 03:22 AM
Too many operations to change look

cagey5
06-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Does anybody knows how did he die?!

At only 50, middle age, doesnt sounds like he passed away from old age!

If you can't get an answer to that via the news channels, I doubt any one here will be better informed.

DiedonD
06-26-2009, 03:37 AM
Too many operations to change look

Is that it though?

I havent watched the news yet, appart from Yahoos, and not a mention of it that I saw in there!

Wiki says Heart Attack!

biliousfrog
06-26-2009, 03:56 AM
it wasn't a heart attack, he was in the children's ward having a stroke

biliousfrog
06-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Now for the sensible response:

Heart attack caused by a cocktail of prescription drugs.

Matt
06-26-2009, 04:49 AM
Sad news indeed, first album I ever bought was 'Thriller' on cassette!

But here's the thing, had he not been addicted to cosmetic surgery (and then lied about it for the most part) generally behaved very questionable (baby dangling incident) and been amidst all the allegations whether founded or not, I would probably be devastated, but I'm not, I'm indifferent.

It's a shame that he chose to live his life in this circus because a lot of people who remember him in his prime (musically and commercially) have lost a lot of respect for him as a person, I have.

His music however, will live on forever, without a doubt, some of the finest pop songs ever written.

colkai
06-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Anyone who had Eddie VH doing his guitar solos can't be all bad can they?

Still, personally not exactly bothered one way or the other, but I'm sure there will be wailing and renting of garments by his fans. Hysterics will ensue.

Captain Obvious
06-26-2009, 07:30 AM
yup...2009 is not a great year and we're not 50% thru it yet.
What are you talking about? 2009 has been amazing so far!

Kuzey
06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
It's a shame that he chose to live his life in this circus because a lot of people who remember him in his prime (musically and commercially) have lost a lot of respect for him as a person, I have.

I don't think he did choose, he just never knew anything different...it's not like he had a healthy normal childhood. I think he tried to relive/recreate his childhood....but it just got him into trouble. His family should have did something a long time ago...sad really.

Kuzey

DiedonD
06-26-2009, 07:47 AM

And Slash too, in 'Give In To Me'

Matt
06-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I don't think he did choose, he just never knew anything different...it's not like he had a healthy normal childhood. I think he tried to relive/recreate his childhood....but it just got him into trouble. His family should have did something a long time ago...sad really.

Kuzey

True enough, I think a lot of people took advantage of him during his life. It would make you a tad paranoid and weary of people.

Wonder who'll be looking after his kids, and will they now be free of the daft veils?

Titus
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Sad news indeed, first album I ever bought was 'Thriller' on cassette!.

Ha ha, me too. Guilty pleasures!

Titus
06-26-2009, 08:17 AM

I agree, he was exploited since his childhood. Many children in developed countries doesn't have the opportunity to live as long as Michael.

COBRASoft
06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
His personal life was a disaster to say the least, but for the pop music he was and still is a real icon.

50 years old is too young for everybody in my opinion, I heard he had a serious cancer...

Jim_C
06-26-2009, 09:16 AM

Or Quincy Jones producing his albums, or Martin Scorsese and John Landis directing his videos, or Tom Scott blowing horns, or Greg Phillinganes on keys, or......

Take away the hype, the lyrics, the videos, and Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad are 3 tight ***** funked up groovy pieces of work. Masterful.

Hopper
06-26-2009, 10:16 AM
it wasn't a heart attack, he was in the children's ward having a stroke
Now that's just not right...

:lol: Now I can't stop laughing ... good one.

IMI
06-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Sad news indeed, first album I ever bought was 'Thriller' on cassette!

Not me. First album I ever bought was Kiss Alive, in 1975 or '76.

I do though remember that The Jackson Five was the first music I truly detested and went out of my way to avoid, when I was very young.

I was just born to be a metalhead, I guess. :D

Chris S. (Fez)
06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
...and will they now be free of the daft veils?

Careful or you'll be accused of being Islamophobic.

Before the thugs began their campaign, Iranian woman were tearing away their veils in protest. The Iranian people who dared picket for fairness, dignity,freedom and democracy have been brutally silenced...

The King of Pop passes and the entire Western world weeps.

Hopper
06-26-2009, 11:28 AM
My first album was AC/DC High Voltage. ('75). Man, that was an awesome album. Never really cared much for MJ's music. I didn't "Hate" it, I just didn't care for it.

IMI
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
My first album was AC/DC High Voltage. ('75). Man, that was an awesome album.

Ah yes, that brings back memories. *sniff*
I'd say that was probably in my top first five or so, but the only two I remember for certain are Kiss Alive and Frampton Comes Alive.

I do know I never bought anything made by Jackson though. I will admit to liking Beat It, but only because EVH played on it. ;)

Matt
06-26-2009, 12:25 PM

Don't get me started, I think burqa's are daft too.

:)

Matt
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Edit: Double post

COBRASoft
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM

Better start a seperate thread about this :)

I agree 100% with you!

toby
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
I was never a fan either, but it was a weird moment, sooner than I expected. Parents bought me a jackson 5 album when I was about 7, didn't care for it. First album I bought was jean michelle jarre in about '77.

Besides his childhood, I think fame, especially that much, can make a person freak out. And considering his obsession with youth I'd bet he didn't want to live to old age anyway.

DiedonD
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM

:lol:

Did ... (Im laughing) ... does anyone remembers of that picture of the Afghani driving licence ID for a woman?!

:ohmy:

She (apparently) was COMPLETELY COVERED in Burqa!!!! COMPLETELY!!! Not even her eyes were visible in there!!! :santa::D

Like that:

http://images.scotsman.com/2006/11/17/2006-11-17T202253Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKWD-UK-DUTCH-BURQA-BAN.jpg

Like that in an Driving Licence and ID!! And that document is required for identification purposes as you may gather!

Get it? :)

virtualcomposer
06-26-2009, 01:36 PM
My first album was Def Leopard's Hysteria album on vinyl record. I'm an 80's nut. Once Nirvana hit the scene, I thought music had died. Then a band called Nightwish came along. ( : One of the few modern metal bands I like.

Kuzey
06-26-2009, 01:46 PM

Before the thugs began their campaign, Iranian woman were tearing away their veils in protest. The Iranian people who dared picket for fairness, dignity,freedom and democracy have been brutally silenced...

The King of Pop passes and the entire Western world weeps.

No chance of that, but you will get someone that will use the opportunity to high jack a thread :hey:

ps. it's not just the western world...but I'm pretty sure it's all corners of the world that's weeping, and maybe even those in Iran...if they know about it and even at this time of unrest. People are funny that way, they can do more than one thing at a time.

"burqa's are daft too."

True...true, but then didn't Micheal wear one. If his had sequins all over it then we could have seen a new fashion trend.

Kuzey

aurora
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Man I can't remember what my first album/tape was. I know I had several little single records. The oldest I can remember is Elvis's Live From Hawaii, Rush 2112, 3 Dog Nights = Joy To the World - The best off. Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac, Styz, Queen, ect.

As for M.J. I'm also in different. 'IF' he was still a major recording artist or something then maybe......

But I do remember all the billion tons of hype and excitement leading up the the release of Thriller and the music video. Hell we had a party to celebrate and watch it when it was released.

One of my fav songs still is M.J.'s P.Y.T. Not sure why but there you go, you now know how sad a person I am. LOL.

DiedonD
06-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Mine most favorite of MJ are:

Give in To Me, Smooth Criminal, Earth Song and They Dont Really Care About Us

Kuzey
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Mine most favorite of MJ are:

They Dont Really Care About Us

I loved that song too....haha.

Black or White, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough, Scream, Jam, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and Thriller are just a few of mine.

Kuzey

IMI
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Smooth Criminal is a decent tune, but I think Alien Ant Farm did a better job on it with their remake.

adamredwoods
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Michael Jackson's music got tame towards the late career, too bad he didn't embrace the electronica scene like Madonna did.

Rest in peace, may you find the nose you've always been looking for...

mattclary
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM

MJ was 3, Ed McMahon was 1.

DiedonD
06-27-2009, 12:29 AM
I loved that song too....haha.

Black or White, ... Jam,

Kuzey

Oh how did I missed the legendary song of Black and White!

Them two are also for me. Though Jam I never understood what he said, and found it at first very stressful to join the dance with the rest without having a clue what was so fast that he was saying! Nothing but 'Jam', yadda yadda 'Jam', tam tam ti tam tam 'Jam'!. And even Jam is when something Jams in a machine or something. So what was the Jam about? It made the song undecipherable even then!

They say here that Steven Spielberg took away 2 milion $ from Michael Jacksons pocket to himself for Black and White! While the making cost only 1 milion $!

False or real?

Kuzey
06-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Oh how did I missed the legendary song of Black and White!

Them two are also for me. Though Jam I never understood what he said, and found it at first very stressful to join the dance with the rest without having a clue what was so fast that he was saying! Nothing but 'Jam', yadda yadda 'Jam', tam tam ti tam tam 'Jam'!. And even Jam is when something Jams in a machine or something. So what was the Jam about? It made the song undecipherable even then!

They say here that Steven Spielberg took away 2 milion $ from Michael Jacksons pocket to himself for Black and White! While the making cost only 1 milion $!

False or real?

I wouldn't know about Steven Spielberg, it's the first I heard anything about it.

Here are the lyrics to Jam:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/jam.html

Kuzey

cresshead
06-27-2009, 07:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojn-pqTGdX0

meshpig
06-27-2009, 10:32 AM
I thought he'd already died sometime in the mid 80's, sorry. After "off the wall" or maybe "thriller" it's complete crap all the way down.

danielkaiser
06-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Never liked his music but appreciate the fact that he was a massive talent, I also liked that he was such a freak, see in my opinion weird is very important and sadly the world is a bit less weird without him.

Hopper
06-27-2009, 11:07 AM
First album I bought was jean michelle jarre in about '77.
Ahhhh I've got "Oxygene". "2" is my favorite. What a great sound. Back when synth setups were as big as a room. No one appreciates that stuff anymore. A friend of mone heard it and said "So what's the big deal.. doesn't sound that amazing to me". I had to remind him that in those days, he didn't just sit down, turn on his Korg and press "Preset 5" and start banging away. lol

Tom Wood
06-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Never liked his music but appreciate the fact that he was a massive talent, I also liked that he was such a freak, see in my opinion weird is very important and sadly the world is a bit less weird without him.

A lot of big talent, in every endeavor, seems to come coupled with big weird. As long as they're not putting babies on spikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNJnFn1jQmw), weird is good.

cresshead
06-27-2009, 02:00 PM
anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Zt-57Cg0U&

DiedonD
06-27-2009, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't know about Steven Spielberg, it's the first I heard anything about it.

Here are the lyrics to Jam:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/jam.html

Kuzey

Thanks Kuz.

So now I know. Its a stress helper of some sort. Its not enough, its not too much, dont say its too much for us to Jam, like have fun I guess. And envolving the world as usual!

IMI
06-27-2009, 06:14 PM
I just wish we could fast-forward to the part where he isn't all over the TV anymore. It's absolutely ludicrous, how much exposure this is getting - how much exposure he himself got all through his life, and even now that he's dead.
That LA County Coroner's press conference on Friday was a joke.. I can't believe busy public officials can be forced into wasting time like that.
And then all the "analysis" of the Coroner's "findings" afterwards. In other words, all the speculation based on what the coroner didn't say. :rolleyes:

Now I wonder how long it will be before the tabloids start reporting Michael Jackson sightings all over the world, how many professional Michael Jackson impersonators there will be in Vegas.
It's going to be Elvis all over again.

Jackson had an unhappy, weird childhood, largely because of his father. I wonder if his father had died when Michael was young, if he would have grown up so fooked-up?
Perhaps, inadvertently, he has given his own children the one thing his own father could never give him - a chance for normalcy and sanity.

toby
06-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I just wish we could fast-forward to the part where he isn't all over the TV anymore. It's absolutely ludicrous, how much exposure this is getting - how much exposure he himself got all through his life, and even now that he's dead.
That LA County Coroner's press conference on Friday was a joke.. I can't believe busy public officials can be forced into wasting time like that.
And then all the "analysis" of the Coroner's "findings" afterwards. In other words, all the speculation based on what the coroner didn't say. :rolleyes:

Now I wonder how long it will be before the tabloids start reporting Michael Jackson sightings all over the world, how many professional Michael Jackson impersonators there will be in Vegas.

Jackson had an unhappy, weird childhood, largely because of his father. I wonder if his father had died when Michael was young, if he would have grown up so fooked-up?
Perhaps, inadvertently, he has given his own children the one thing his own father could never give him - a chance for normalcy and sanity.
That's how I felt a week after John Lennon died - "enough already!" The beatles were on the radio 24/7, pop stations *and* rock stations. Couldn't get break. I guess we'll always have to put up with that when the famous die.

Ahhhh I've got "Oxygene". "2" is my favorite. What a great sound. Back when synth setups were as big as a room. No one appreciates that stuff anymore. A friend of mone heard it and said "So what's the big deal.. doesn't sound that amazing to me". I had to remind him that in those days, he didn't just sit down, turn on his Korg and press "Preset 5" and start banging away. lol
I remember Oxygene, I think 2 was the one I bought. It is pretty tame by today's standards, but he helped create the genre.

cresshead
06-27-2009, 07:15 PM

have to agree somewhat..the media helped to put him in the ground, now they're on him like flies on a dead carcaus..feeding off him after the fact.

it feels quite awful to see the media come out with interviewing anyone at all to fill up airtime on the subject.
a feeding frenzy...quite gross to watch in my opinion.

i'll get back to watching the news once this passes

digefxgrp
06-27-2009, 08:04 PM

What did Spielberg have to do with "Black or White"? :stumped:
It was produced by Reid Shane and directed by John Landis.

toby
06-27-2009, 08:40 PM
i'll get back to watching the news once this passes

btw everyone I'd like to apolgize in advance, for my life and my face being plastered all over the internet and tv when I die. Oh it's so hard being famous ;D

IMI
06-27-2009, 09:41 PM
btw everyone I'd like to apolgize in advance, for my life and my face being plastered all over the internet and tv when I die. Oh it's so hard being famous ;D

Yeah, no problem, I'll keep that in mind. Just try not to get TOO famous, OK? :hey:

sbrandt
06-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Paying off all those families whos children that grotesque hobgoblin molested probably did more to break him than anything. It's a bad influence on my children's notions of what's cool that's gone, and if that doctor had any involvement in his demise... don't sue him...give him a medal!

DiedonD
06-28-2009, 02:27 AM
What did Spielberg have to do with "Black or White"? :stumped:
It was produced by Reid Shane and directed by John Landis.

You rumor killer! :D

I just heard that from a musician. That, Spielbergs' something was involved in it, and that 'something' alone cost MJ 2 milion, just so MJ can use Steven Spielbergs fame sort of speak.

While the real work cost only a milion!

Got something to support your claim Dige? Mine is that musician over here.

starbase1
06-28-2009, 03:45 AM
(Swiped from Meurig over on F3d)

digefxgrp
06-28-2009, 04:03 AM
You rumor killer!Don't you just hate it when those pesky facts get in the way of a good rumor.

I just heard that from a musician.Who am I to question "a musician"? Gee...they're never mistaken.:rock::rock: By the way...pass the straw over here when you're done...:D

DiedonD
06-28-2009, 11:48 AM
By the way...pass the straw over here when you're done...:D

Sorry but, im not from wherever you may think that I am to know that single line there!

What does this 'passing the straw' mean ? :)

Now I know of 'The shortest straw'! A few straws, one is shorter, he who gets it is selected.

Then theres 'The last straw' like there is nothing left anymore to contain the furry that grew within!

So now Im thinking. 'Passing a straw'. If it was 'Passing straws' then Id think that its the 'Shortest straw' thingy.

If it was 'Passing your last straw' Id kinda assume that you think Im nearly about to explode, so are you, and are asking me to give you my last straw, as in a sense trying to calm the ordeal down, though am not sure to the causes.

And of course, Im telling you this, cause even the dictionary doesnt has a clew!

http://ask.reference.com/web?q=pass%20the%20straw&l=dir&qsrc=2891&o=10616

Jim_C
06-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry but, im not from wherever you may think that I am to know that single line there!

What does this 'passing the straw' mean ? :)

Now I know of 'The shortest straw'! A few straws, one is shorter, he who gets it is selected.

Then theres 'The last straw' like there is nothing left anymore to contain the furry that grew within!

So now Im thinking. 'Passing a straw'. If it was 'Passing straws' then Id think that its the 'Shortest straw' thingy.

If it was 'Passing your last straw' Id kinda assume that you think Im nearly about to explode, so are you, and are asking me to give you my last straw, as in a sense trying to calm the ordeal down, though am not sure to the causes.

And of course, Im telling you this, cause even the dictionary doesnt has a clew!

http://ask.reference.com/web?q=pass%20the%20straw&l=dir&qsrc=2891&o=10616

Would it have made more sense if he said 'Pass the rolled up dollar bill'?
or
'C'mon man quit Scarfacing the stuff and slide the nose pipe my way'?

:devil:;D

DiedonD
06-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Nope I wouldnt understand those neither.

But I could better understand this:

'Se per qfare dreq jena ka folni ju me qata slangat e juve ato veq ni zot qe e din!'

Or this

'Sukur ki su sizin slanglarinizi kurmissiniz ki, hickimse anlamaden kalmasin... yani!'

Sadly I could know a bit of this aswell:

'Da ne daj Bog da ne razumje te vase slange, vidi sta vi radite poslje'

But I dont get them there for some reason. Is there more slangs of the type with a same meaning but with a different wording? Do put those too, and skip answering a simple question again please!

digefxgrp
06-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Would it have made more sense if he said 'Pass the rolled up dollar bill'?
or
'C'mon man quit Scarfacing the stuff and slide the nose pipe my way'?

Helllll, back in my day we didn’t have no fancy nose pipes or rolled up dollar bills. We’d just pour it out into a big pile, slam our faces into it and snort until our eyes popped out of their sockets

You’d end up with a room full of snorting pasty-faced-eye-dangling-blow-freaks, fumbling around the room trying to find the doorknob so they could get home, pop their eyes back in, to do it again the next day.

…and we loved it!!!!

Jim_C
06-28-2009, 01:49 PM
and skip answering a simple question again please!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/328741971_36436ec7e9.jpg?v=0

DiedonD
06-28-2009, 02:04 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/328741971_36436ec7e9.jpg?v=0

:ohmy:

Thanks. I really didnt had a slightest clue of those meanings! Till now.

I thought it was some new slang of some sort, and you expected me here to know about it immediately :)

Since were at sniffing the goodies. Dige, have some of this 'plastic bag' if you wish ;)

borkus
06-28-2009, 07:08 PM
These last few posts had tears rolling down my eyes... Digefxgrp, didn't I see you somewhere before?... Yeah, you're that guy that...

colkai
06-29-2009, 04:56 AM
Smooth Criminal is a decent tune, but I think Alien Ant Farm did a better job on it with their remake.

Toootally! :D :rock::rock:

meshpig
06-29-2009, 05:30 AM

The word "Talent" was once a measure of weight coming from older linguistic permutations meaning "sums of money" and how weird is that?

- Why be weird when you can get away with being normal in disguise?

m:)

Kuzey
06-29-2009, 05:34 AM
The Smooth Criminal cover was actually pretty good, it didn't turn me into a fan of Alien Ant Farm or anything like that...I don't think they had another hit after that :D I loved the extended version from the Moonwalker movie...that was fantastic.

Same goes for Billie Jean, it's an ok song but the extended concert version is out of this world.

I think it's the different take on it that makes it so appealing.

Kuzey

cresshead
06-29-2009, 08:54 AM
free bvh moonwalk motion capture file here>>

http://www.animeeple.com/details/244206ea-eaa8-4a5a-811e-19f3a338ee6b

erikals
06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
or do it uself.... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/wink.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FzgtLVzbI

will miss u mike http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/sad.gif

erikals
06-29-2009, 10:37 AM

heh, thanks, a funny fella' that is... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVxy6XlsAM

toby
06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
heh, thanks, a funny fella' that is... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVxy6XlsAM

hahahahaha

that's the way ads need to be made.

cresshead
06-29-2009, 02:57 PM
hahahahaha

that's the way ads need to be made.

not seen this for years>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQslnmcHOeM&NR=1

toby
06-29-2009, 03:16 PM
not seen this for years>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQslnmcHOeM&NR=1
that was an *insane* show. there was one where the long-haired guy had a cold, so they put a plastic bag over his head, then nailed it to his head to keep him from sneezing it off :O

Stooch
06-30-2009, 02:33 PM
to be honest im going to miss mr Billy Mays more than jackson.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-03-2009, 03:42 AM
My little sister informed me that, more than Michael, she'll miss "neutrally posting the following after someone contributes flame-bait to a conversation":

http://i39.tinypic.com/23m7tjd.jpg

meshpig
07-03-2009, 04:23 AM
to be honest im going to miss mr Billy Mays more than jackson.

Orange scented Sodium Percarbonate?

Somehow I think Jacko will "go down in History" moreso. Probably between Fatty Arbukle and Errol Flynn in the US.

Matt
07-03-2009, 04:59 AM
anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Zt-57Cg0U&

Thankfully no, where did that come from? Why?!?!

toby
07-03-2009, 05:17 AM
Thankfully no, where did that come from? Why?!?!
MJ's answer to star wars.
The burning question is, did the evil creatures come before the Borg or after??

meshpig
07-03-2009, 05:39 AM
MJ's answer to star wars.

Pass.

toby
07-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Pass.
:p hehehahahaha
( I have no idea btw )

Chris S. (Fez)
07-03-2009, 06:05 AM

Borg Queen meets the Wicked Witch of the West...

Wow. Blast from the past. Saw that in Epcot when I was a kid. The production/effects have aged pretty well but the music, um, not so much.

Matt
07-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Borg Queen meets the Wicked Witch of the West...

Wow. Blast from the past. Saw that in Epcot when I was a kid. The production/effects have aged pretty well but the music, um, not so much.

Hehe!

For me, "Michael Jackson" will always mean this to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xs9OQHpwDE

DiedonD
07-03-2009, 07:21 AM
I knew him even then, but this is when he became big for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLV1QHQwowI&feature=related

Chris S. (Fez)
07-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Hehe!

For me, "Michael Jackson" will always mean this to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xs9OQHpwDE

Same here. But I have to say a week of watching (well, listening) to YouTube vids has rekindled my respect for the artist if not the man.

Incidentally, I think some of the composition in Lord of the Rings is eerily close to Stranger in Moscow (listen to it twice):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZz-q8CRLE&feature=related

Quite haunting and beautiful, like Elvish flashbacks...

Kuzey
07-03-2009, 08:16 AM
To me it's the concerts, I was in the mosh pit about 15 rows from the stage and the music was so loud that every drum beat was like a 6.4 tremor..super cool.

The Melbourne city council put on a sound restriction after that. Poor David Bowie, he had a concert (the one with a large glass spider) two weeks later. It was windy and for the people way the back the sound as out of sync. :D

Kuzey

Kuzey
07-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I couldn't find an image of the Melbourne concert...this Liverpool. Anyway, that's about were I was rocking to the beat :D

Kuzey

erikals
07-03-2009, 10:09 AM
it still annoys me, was gonna go to that concert... :\
guess i'll have to settle with the documentary...
i look forward to his new songs though, they're said to be quite groovy... but wouldn't surprise me if it takes 2 years or so to get them released...

Stooch
07-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Somehow I think Jacko will "go down in History" moreso.

as a child molester.

erikals
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
not so sure, those who judge him for something he was accused of might wash away in time.

it's always those idiots that say such things though, the ones that judge, the ones that "knows better" because "they can sense these things"

Stooch
07-03-2009, 10:49 AM
same goes for oj simpson then. all those "idiots" keeping the brother down right?

you think mj would have gotten away if he wasnt so loaded?

You gotta wonder, even after the first accusation, one MIGHT make a new policy to prevent it from happening again right?

on the other hand, who in their right mind would want their kids to hang out with him after all that. some of those parents need a beating.

erikals
07-03-2009, 10:53 AM
well, all i can say to them, keep on judging.
they obviously know.

Jim_C
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
on the other hand, who in their right mind would want their kids to hang out with him after all that.

Parents who plan on extorting him for false allegations.

Stooch
07-03-2009, 11:14 AM
LIKe I said. They need a good beating. But my point on "policy" still stands. If you are getting accused for that, you should raise a few personal flags. Eh? Love his dance moveS and all.. And don't ou dare belittle orange glow. Or the awesome auger.

erikals
07-03-2009, 11:35 AM
on the other hand, who in their right mind would want their kids to hang out with him after all that. some of those parents need a beating.

sure, but that's another story, that's fact.
the other one is an accusation.

Michael was an idiot at times, actually, Michael was an idiot many times, more than an idiot, but that doesn't give me the right or power to judge him based on an accusation no one could prove.

IMI
07-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Michael was an idiot at times, actually, Michael was an idiot many times, more than an idiot, but that doesn't give me the right or power to judge him based on an accusation no one could prove.

Well if you're a court, a jury, or a judge you have the power and the right to judge - to indict, to try, to convict, or to acquit.

But no, a private citizen not a part of said jury has no real "right" or power to judge. But then again, we all also have the right to our own opinions on the matter, correct or not. ;)

The thing about that is, we as private citizens and bystanders are far less forgiving in the presence of strong circumstantial evidence than a court is. That's WHY circumstantial evidence in and of itself is prohibited as a sole consideration for a conviction - because it's so easy to believe it, so easy for it to cloud one's judgment.

Having said that, myself, I believe he was completely 100% guilty and got off simply because of who he was and because he was well-known to be just weird enough where it was *possible* he was telling the truth. Not "reasonable" doubt of his guilt, IMO, but enough where they had to, by law, to acquit.

Makes me wonder though how many poor people - how many "nobodies" every year go to prison just because they couldn't hire a lawyer good enough to raise that "reasonable doubt".
In my mind, there was nothing at all "reasonable" about the doubt - at best it was a stretch - an *extreme* stretch - just like in OJ's case.

erikals
07-03-2009, 08:57 PM
We actually had a case here where this guy, sort of a wacko case killed a person.
I mean, he had to, after all ppl found him to be 100% guilty.
Now it turns out he was wrongly accused, they released him after 20 years in prison, gave him $, and then he died shortly after due bad health.

Don't judge if you don't know.

IMI
07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Don't judge if you don't know.

You see, that's the thing, the point I was trying to make which I guess you didn't catch: I'm not a judge. My opinion has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on what did or didn't happen to MJ or OJ, or that guy you refer to, or anyone else for that matter.

To say "Don't judge if you don't know", you might as well be saying, "you have no right to an opinion." I don't think you really mean to be saying that, do you?

And if you don't like what I, or Stooch, or anyone else thinks about the MJ situation, just don't read it, because in the end your beliefs give you no more right to speak your mind than mine do.

Panikos
07-03-2009, 11:42 PM
He was both, hating / adoring himself at extreme levels.
This mental decease destroyed him.

IMI
07-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Actually... I really DON'T like what you or Stooch have said. The FACT is... neither one of you KNOWS ALL of the details in the case. Your opinions are based on lots of crap such as opinions, hearsay and what the media has said over the years. Neither one of you KNOWS all of the facts. You don't want to take into consideration everything that lead up to the charges and you certainly don't give an unbiased opinion.

Yes... you can have an opinion, but since you don't base it on FACTS your opinion really means nothing. And please don't tell me that either you or Stooch base your "opinions" on facts. Neither of you were in the courtroom; neither of you have followed his life in great detail; neither of you really know the man behind his mask; and neither of you REALLY knows the truth.

But then again... this is all just MY opinion. :argue:

Well you're right, I don't KNOW all the details of the case, but I remember it, and I remember from what I saw and read and heard at the time that it seemed like he was guilty.
But just as I don't KNOW enough to say that he was guilty, you don't KNOW enough to say that he wasn't.
Not looking to get into a pissing match with you here or anything like that, but what you apply to me, I can apply to you.

And also, if my opinion is based on " lots of crap such as opinions, hearsay and what the media has said over the years", then what is your opinion based on? Do you have access to information that gives you the ability to positively refute my opinion as meaningless?

Because, you say,

And I... believe the exact opposite. I don't think that he WAS guilty of ANY child molestation at all.

Do you have access to information that gives you the ability to positively refute my opinion as meaningless and wrong, while positively reinforcing your opinion as correct?

In any event, I was just responding to being told "don't judge if you don't know". It just kinda irritates me when people tell me I don't have a right to think what I want, or to say what I want.

toby
07-04-2009, 03:04 AM
It just kinda irritates me when people tell me I don't have a right to think what I want, or to say what I want.
Agreed, but I also agree with what I think erikals is feeling - it's irritating when someone states their opinion as fact. I don't know whether you did that, but perhaps he thinks you did.

IMI
07-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Agreed, but I also agree with what I think erikals is feeling - it's irritating when someone states their opinion as fact. I don't know whether you did that, but perhaps he thinks you did.

No, I didn't state it as fact, I said "I believe..." and then went on to tie that in with how "reasonable doubt" is used to acquit people, and in some cases, *abused*.

Stooch
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
:agree:
I love child molesters as long as they make music that I like. My opinions are nothing but conjecture and hot air but I won't let anyone else have them. And of course I am always the righteous douche coming to the rescue with my critical and just self. I am megalodon and I am a douche. .
Hey douche. First of all I stated that mj will be remembered as a molester. NOT that it's a proven fact. So next time you want to talk **** about me at least get your facts straight. Now personally I like his music and dancing but that won't cloud my judgement. You seem to have a knack for being a fanboy of everything. Letting personal attachment fuel your tirades agaisnt anyone who slights your little fantasy world. Now, I'm sure you will have no problems letting your kids stay at the neverland ranch right? Now please read my statemts again and think a little. It seems tha you are having reading comprehension issues (again). Too eager to start talking **** there oh wise sage... By the way you have no right to judge me... Remember?

Stooch
07-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah... reading comprehension issues....

MJ will be remembered...

If anyones a "douche" here buddy, it's certainly YOU. :thumbsup:

I remember you telling people that these are not "real" conversations on the web. But I also told you that if you talked to me face to face as you do to people here... I would have knocked you on your *** and you would be making an appointment with the dentist the next day. Oh... and that is NOT a threat - it is just how I feel about your arrogance in these forums. You are a child in a 25 year olds body who needs to eat a little humble pie. One day, you will - remember this exchange. :)

speaking from experience?

you seem to me awfully brave on here. YOu tell people off like that face to face all the time?

hahaha, you are so pathetic its hillarious.

Stooch
07-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Yes.

When I was YOUR age - a VERY long time ago - I was a smartazz know-it-all JUST like you. I was knocked on my butt by a friend. It was a turning point. Apparently YOU need the same.

One day (hopefully) you will look back on this time in your life and realize what a small person you really were and how poorly you treated people. Hopefully you will gain some wisdom and not be an arrogant person your whole life. You will see.uck:

ok ok just to get something straight... you were taught by getting puinched in the face that you are an arrogant prick, yet as far as i can tell you are still an arrogant prick but one with a sense of entitlement and superiority?

ok, im a smartass, i know many other smartasses and people of various levels of intellegence and/or rage yet i manage to get along with them without any violence. You obviously learn your lessons through failure. which is cool man, but the only thing that you are proving so far in this little exchange is that you arent as balanced or "humble" as you think you are.

so please, remember this conversation if you get knocked on your *** AGAIN.

3 times may be the charm for you :)

this conversation is becoming epicly hillarious in my little universe.

but maybe its time to revert the topic to michael jackson. whatever that name brings to ones mind is out of our control, if you cant handle my opinions you are free to ignore me.

IMI
07-04-2009, 01:36 PM
What about the fact he was denied any REAL childhood? He built Neverland because he wanted to "relive" a childhood that he never had. How many people do you think took advantage of him while he was alive? (And how many will now that he's dead?) How many parents thought it odd that he would sleep in the same room as the kids? (I would.) How many do you think saw dollar signs?

So many think of him as a pedophile because what he did is what a pedophile might do. But we're not talking about the average person. MJ was odd and very eccentric. I have listened to many interviews with him and I simply do not see him as someone who wanted to have sex or play sex with kids. He just want to BE a kid and surrounded by kids just being kids. He was a kid in an adults body. I sincerely do not believe that anythihng sexual crossed his mind when he was with these kids.

Well...
That's the position the Jackson defense PR machine wanted to make sure we all knew: Jackson is just a kid himself, how could he be accused of being a pedophile?
And it may be true, but it also may be greatly exaggerated.
And of course there's also the possibility that Jackson USED the knowledge he could have a defense like that in order to be ABLE to get away with it.
That of course is speculation, too, but I don't think you would argue that there are plenty of people who perpetrate and get away with all manners of crimes with help from their ability to manipulate people.
And the whole Jackson defense from that angle is every bit as circumstantial and speculative as anything that might be thrown out by a judge if it were introduced by a prosecution.

EDIT-

However, it *is* the burden of the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that an accused person actually committed a crime, and he has to operate within very narrow parameters in order to do so. The defense has it easier in that they can use all the speculation and circumstantial evidence they want, and they don't have to "prove" anything other than that the prosecution doesn't have a solid case. The prosecution often isn't allowed to use things such as character traits or personal idiosyncrasies to prove a case, while the defense can use as many examples of that and "attitude" and character witnesses as possible.

I suppose in the long run, it's a good system. People with lots of money to be able to hire really good lawyers will slip through from time to time, but it at least minimizes the possibility of innocent people being convicted. Note I said "minimizes". Yes I know, innocent people do go to prison from time to time.

toby
07-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Tommy Davidson does a hilarious MJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3H6hRNwgtc&feature=related

JohnMarchant
07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I personally will be glad when he is buried and its all over, there are far more important things happening in this world than MJ death

RudySchneider
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
i personally will be glad when he is buried and its all over, there are far more important things happening in this world than mj death

amen!

lwaddict
07-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Thank you!

cresshead
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
he's still not buried yet....must be time for an an encore ya think?

IMI
07-07-2009, 03:23 PM
he's still not buried yet....must be time for an an encore ya think?

Man, that's just twisted. ;)

lwaddict
07-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Twisted and wrong. :tsktsk:

I mean, look at this mess you caused...
I've spit up laughing coffee all over my desk.

An apology is in order sir.

IMI
07-07-2009, 03:53 PM
An apology is in order sir.

You're not going to get an apology from the likes of him. He recently taunted me with an unsellable XSI license. The man is evil, make no mistakes. ;)

Matt
07-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone see the memorial? Two things struck me ...

First:

Was it just me or did Usher _totally_ milk the opportunity or what? Going down and singing to / touching the coffin, then taking his sun glasses(!) off at the end in a "I'm breaking down here guys, finger in the air, gimme a moment here" kinda way.

It just looked sooooo staged and insincere to me, like he thought he could use the event to try and re-launch his career or something, I dunno, I just didn't buy it at all.

Second:

Was this a memorial service of some peoples personal civil rights movement soap box? Some people _reeeeeeeally_ had a rant to the point of me yelling STFU already!

The only guest who seemed to show genuine emotion and sincerity was Brook Shields, I really felt for her.

IMI
07-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Brook Shields, I really felt for her.

Can't say I blame you there, she's still pretty hot. I'd feel her too, if I had the chance. ;)

But yeah, you know, celebs live solely for their next publicity opportunity, so I'm sure Usher's agent was dying to book him as MJ's last opening act.

cresshead
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Anyone see the memorial? Two things struck me ...

First:

Was it just me or did Usher _totally_ milk the opportunity or what? Going down and singing to / touching the coffin, then taking his sun glasses(!) off at the end in a "I'm breaking down here guys, finger in the air, gimme a moment here" kinda way.

It just looked sooooo staged and insincere to me, like he thought he could use the event to try and re-launch his career or something, I dunno, I just didn't buy it at all.

Second:

Was this a memorial service of some peoples personal civil rights movement soap box? Some people _reeeeeeeally_ had a rant to the point of me yelling STFU already!

The only guest who seemed to show genuine emotion and sincerity was Brook Shields, I really felt for her.

yeah..usher should have recieved a reward for his efforts a good old dollop of swine flu....

Brook shields was the only honest/genuine friend there

the right reverend soap box just went far to far...:tsktsk:

MJ's daughter should not have been made to say anything...

some of...nahh hang on abit...let's be fair...ALL of the front row singers were terrible...if that's the best now MJ has gone we're in for a dire time music wise don't ya think?

don't get me wrong i really like MJ's music and MJ but this 'thing' on the tv..i just had to keep muting it...was awful singing all the way thru.

if MJ "opened up the doors" he should have had a few bouncers keeping the riff raff out and only letting the talented ones in!

i feel for his kids , they're going to be pushed forward into a camera to keep the money making machine ticking over.

cresshead
07-07-2009, 04:31 PM
You're not going to get an apology from the likes of him. He recently taunted me with an unsellable XSI license. The man is evil, make no mistakes. ;)

correct, 2 points.

Matt
07-07-2009, 05:05 PM
yeah..usher should have recieved a reward for his efforts a good old dollop of swine flu....

Brook shields was the only honest/genuine friend there

the right reverend soap box just went far to far...:tsktsk:

MJ's daughter should not have been made to say anything...

some of...nahh hang on abit...let's be fair...ALL of the front row singers were terrible...if that's the best now MJ has gone we're in for a dire time music wise don't ya think?

don't get me wrong i really like MJ's music and MJ but this 'thing' on the tv..i just had to keep muting it...was awful singing all the way thru.

if MJ "opened up the doors" he should have had a few bouncers keeping the riff raff out and only letting the talented ones in!

i feel for his kids , they're going to be pushed forward into a camera to keep the money making machine ticking over.

Totally agree on all counts! The singing was dire, far too much out of tune, shouty vocal gymnastics going on, with the exception of Jermaine, who when he wasn't choked up sounded pretty decent, must have been hard for him to do that actually.

Also, again, maybe it's because I'm a grouchy old codger, but the 'Luther Kings' seemed to keep name dropping their Dad a bit too much, and I couldn't help but think they were trying to out do the 'I have a dream' speech. Very sad.

I _think_ Jackos daughter wanted to say something, because Janet was supposed to step up no? But after the daughter broke down I think they'd decided that was enough and left hastily.

The whole thing seemed a bit of a charade to me. And, I don't know much about the venue, maybe it's a posh affair, but Staples?????? As in, office stationery? I'm sure Jacko was delighted with that as his "house".

Pffftt!

erikals
07-07-2009, 05:05 PM
i had a feeling the show would suck...
good thing Brook Shields saved the day...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXRIpUnH0d8

cresshead
07-07-2009, 05:08 PM
danng...was just about to post this but the other thread got locked!..
not one to let it go to waste eh!

anyways...enjoy...i did!

IMI
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
mmmm.... cheeesseee....

Cheese Shop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0)

:D

erikals
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
hehe... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

warmiak
07-08-2009, 03:30 AM
And, I don't know much about the venue, maybe it's a posh affair, but Staples?????? As in, office stationery? I'm sure Jacko was delighted with that as his "house".

Pffftt!

No :-)

http://www.staplescenter.com/

On other hand, given how wierd was Jacko, I wouldn't have been that surprising ..

starbase1
07-08-2009, 04:13 AM
And, I don't know much about the venue, maybe it's a posh affair, but Staples?????? As in, office stationery? I'm sure Jacko was delighted with that as his "house".

Pffftt!

Sounds a good plan to me...

Some sticky tape and a staple gun could come in very handy to put his nose back on... Indeed judging by the look of him before he died, he was one of their best customers in this regard...

Kuzey
07-08-2009, 05:04 AM
I didn't like Mariah Carey or Usher...they sucked, but I did love all the personal stories about MJ and Brook Shields in particular...was brilliant.

Madonna's tribute was during her concert was also great.

The service could have been better without the Kings and the politician.

Kuzey

Chris S. (Fez)
07-08-2009, 05:31 AM
I didn't like Mariah Carey or Usher...they sucked, but I did love all the personal stories about MJ and Brook Shields in particular...was brilliant.

Madonna's tribute was during her concert was also great.

The service could have been better without the Kings and the politician.

Kuzey

Yeah, I thought the personal stories restored some of his humanity. I was half listening/ half working so I am not sure who performed but several sounded like American Idol auditions.

Matt
07-08-2009, 06:37 AM
No :-)

http://www.staplescenter.com/

On other hand, given how wierd was Jacko, I wouldn't have been that surprising ..

I'm seeing a Staples logo on that page!

lwaddict
07-08-2009, 07:25 AM
With regards towards celebs using this as a career opp...

why wouldn't they?

I think his own father set the stage for this by repeatedly plugging his own recording company over and over before the body was even cold.

In a so called "Politically Correct" society, everyone's a saint once they're dead...then it's time for everyone to talk about how great you were. Before he was gone, it would just be bad for their careers...
now it'd be bad not to.

Sad freakin' world we live in when you can't just call it like you see it.

Remember how well everyone spoke about Nixon at his funeral?
OMG, all those years of government courses down the drain as history was literally changed during a service.

Here we go again.

dbigers
07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
http://www.staplescenter.com/doublecol.php?section=about&page=foundingpartners

Matt
07-08-2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.staplescenter.com/doublecol.php?section=about&page=foundingpartners

Exactly my point.

starbase1
07-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm seeing a Staples logo on that page!

Correcting fluid to touch up his complexion, superglue to hold the wig on, pencil sharpener to give his nose that extra pointy look...

cagey5
07-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Exactly my point.

It's no different to the big arena in Manchester which has had various names over the years depending on who the main sponsor is. Currently M.E.N. Arena, previously Nynex arena.

Maybe Staples are a big sponsor in the States, I see nothing wrong with that. It's not as though the venue is the distribution centre or anything.... That would be weird.

Matt
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Maybe Staples are a big sponsor in the States, I see nothing wrong with that. It's not as though the venue is the distribution centre or anything.... That would be weird.

Oh, not saying it's wrong, just a bit, erm, cheap and commerical.

Jim_C
07-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Guys,

I know this about a dead (no pun intended) subject, but I thought some of you might find this interesting. (Or not)

A fellow named Ian Helperin spent 5 years investigating and working for Michael Jackson and his compound. He had finished a book BEFORE Michael died and in it he stated that Michael would be dead within 6 months due to his drug usage.

He also said that although he fully expected to prove Michael was a child molester, after five years of investigation his opinion is now the exact opposite.

He was interviewed for a good solid hour on the Howard Stern show today and had some pretty interesting things to say.

The show was uncensored and live so there is some rough language and joking homosexual references so keep that in mind.

Here's his interview...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3443lu

erikals
07-15-2009, 02:06 PM
100 years from now all that will remain is the songs, everything else will be washed out by all the rumors...

cresshead
07-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Guys,

I know this about a dead (no pun intended) subject, but I thought some of you might find this interesting. (Or not)

A fellow named Ian Helperin spent 5 years investigating and working for Michael Jackson and his compound. He had finished a book BEFORE Michael died and in it he stated that Michael would be dead within 6 months due to his drug usage.

He also said that although he fully expected to prove Michael was a child molester, after five years of investigation his opinion is now the exact opposite.

He was interviewed for a good solid hour on the Howard Stern show today and had some pretty interesting things to say.

The show was uncensored and live so there is some rough language and joking homosexual references so keep that in mind.

Here's his interview...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3443lu

what a lad of rubbish...that idiot's book interview makes the writer look like a total bandwagoner...yuk.

erikals
07-16-2009, 10:54 AM
yep, like i said, so many rumors... so many that have an opinion.
this guy just want to sell his book, thinking if he defends one area, he can write crap about other stuff.
good liar though, like most journalists...

starbase1
07-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Rather good cartoon from the always excellent Steve Bell on this topic!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/cartoon/2009/jul/08/steve-bell-michael-jackson-cartoon

Nick

DiedonD
07-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Every heard about this guy Jon Lajoie. I think hes from Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbrD1b3pSvI