PDA

View Full Version : crashes after clearing scene

Jockomo
06-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes, today is the day I post about all of the stupid little bugs that have been driving me nuts.

Fog Bugz wtf? Is there a list of known bugs somewhere? I tried to log in, nope, tried to register... uh how?

sigh anyway on to the bug:

Whenever I "clear scene" lightwave crashes when I try to load another scene.

can anyone confirm this so I won't waste time reinstalling?

Kuzey
06-25-2009, 05:35 AM
re-Fog Bugz:

You don't need to worry about logging in...just click on the "Enter a New Case" link and fill in the details. If you supply an email you can keep track of the bug status, also Newtek can contact you will follow up emails.

You also don't need to worry about if it's already fogged, just report it anyway and if you have content with which the crash happens every time then send that in as well.

re-crash:

Does it happen every single time no matter what content is loaded, does it crash when clearing a blank scene? Have you tried reloading plugins etc.

Are you using an old scene/object files from 9.3 or earlier, the file formats have been changed/optimized in 9.6 and that might be an issue.

Good luck,

Kuzey

matts152
06-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I have similar problem and have just gotten used to it. My lightwave crashes almost every time i clear or close lightwave. I think it's related to my video card though. At home I have a different one and it does it much less, everything else is the same as far as OS and CPU types go.

Its fun isn't it :)

Sensei
06-26-2009, 08:01 PM
I have never had it. I would start from answering question - did I have other LW versions installed and whether I deleted config files and/or used -c parameter to redirect config directory before installing new version..

Exception
06-30-2009, 12:44 AM
I know this happens when you use (an older version of) Fprime.
What LW version are you using?