PDA

View Full Version : Why are my tools disappearing?

WShawn
06-24-2009, 12:58 PM
For the past few months some of my Modeler tools just disappear from the interface for no apparent reason, plugins like BandSaw Pro, Band Glue and Multishift. One day they're there under their respective tabs, the next day they're gone.

It looks like the plugins are just disappearing. When I go to the Edit Plugins button it no longer lists Bandsaw Pro, Band Glue or Multishift. The old Bandsaw tool is still there. If I scan the plugins directory the missing plugins reappear, but then they end up under the Plugins: Additional button and I have to move them back to their tabs.

I did a totally clean install of LW 9.6 (UB) on my MacPro (10.5.5) a week or so ago to try to quash a bunch of problems I was having, but they're popping up again. I replaced my Modeler preferences with a good set generated after my reinstall, but that didn't bring back Bandsaw Pro.

Is it just me?

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

serge
06-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Perhaps a config problem? Is 9.6 the only Lightwave version you have installed?

Kuzey
06-25-2009, 05:48 AM
As Serge pointed out...it sounds like you have two versions of LW installed and both are using the same preference files, overwriting each other.

If you have 9.3 installed as well...you need to setup a new preference folder just for LW9.6.

Check the Mac section for more details...it comes up a lot :hey:

Kuzey