PDA

View Full Version : Kudos NT, 9.6 is killer

matts152
06-24-2009, 10:39 AM
I don't post that much, but I'm trying to get better at it, I'm just always crazy busy with work and raising a 2 year old. I just wanted to post a kudos to newtek for making lightwave 9.6 what it is before focusing all there energy on core. Of course Fiber effects is still gona get some love, which is awesome.

In the past 7 months I have had the most random projects thrown my way from 2 Archectual projects, a 75 car hi res train on an uneven track, Corporate jets flying in the clouds (naturally), 2 character pieces, a flying fish in slow motion, background mountains for an effects shot, countless medical animation pieces (UUGG i hate those), dozens of full virtual environments with hundreds of real chroma keyed people in them, couple exploding space ship shots, bal bla bla bla bal the list goes on......

Point being.... Lightwave has enabled me to literally animate anything I could possibly think of, and have it come out looking like a crew of 50 at ILM was doing it. (well maybee not ILM :) but you get the point) In my experience thats an ability pretty much single to lightwave. The other 3d apps can do it too of course, but at no where close the speed and creative freedom.

Can't wait to see how CORE comes along... and 9.6.1 of course. What a killer time to be in this business. :thumbsup: and keep on cranking it out NT!!

COBRASoft
06-24-2009, 03:39 PM
What an impressive list :thumbsup:

Could you share some finished shots, some wireframes, ... Always interesting to see.

jasonwestmas
06-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Not sure what you mean by "creative freedom" between LW and other apps but this is great news!

G-Man
06-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Not sure what you mean by "creative freedom" between LW and other apps but this is great news!

I think he means you can be free and creative knowing there won't be black holes in your texture maps on final render when you need to get something out the door and it's 4 am. and all of the Mel Scripters have gone home.

matts152
06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
I think he means you can be free and creative knowing there won't be black holes in your texture maps on final render when you need to get something out the door and it's 4 am. and all of the Mel Scripters have gone home.

hehe, thats exactly what i mean. lightwave actually works 90% of the time, which is huge in complex 3d scenes. It's very predictable. :) which I think is my favorite feature.

matts152
06-25-2009, 08:42 AM
What an impressive list :thumbsup:

Could you share some finished shots, some wireframes, ... Always interesting to see.

Yeah, I gota make a new reel, or an online reel periode for that matter. Just hard to get too with projects lined up one after another, You can see some of my older stuff here though www.provismedia.com all 3d stuff there is mine as I'm the only 3D guy here at the moment lol.