PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Ik

Ideas Unlimited
06-21-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm trying to get some pistons to work on my robot model and I'm having the following problems... When I setup the IK's for Three of the pistons it works exactly as I want but as soon as I setup the forth it all goes to pot. I've attached two scene files if anybody is willing to take a look, the first is with all four setup and the second is with the Three, just rotate the head bone and you will see what I mean. If anybody has any ideas on how I can set this up better I would be very grateful ... thanks

Ideas Unlimited
06-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry, forget the above, I think I've got it by using Null Targets rather than IK. I think I was looking too deep into it :D

UnCommonGrafx
06-21-2009, 12:50 PM
my question is why do you have motion keys on the 2nd frame for a few objects and bones? I go it to work, somewhat, by clearing a motion or two.

Ideas Unlimited
06-21-2009, 12:58 PM
my question is why do you have motion keys on the 2nd frame for a few objects and bones? I go it to work, somewhat, by clearing a motion or two.

That was just an oversite on my part left over from me playing with it but I've now gone away from the Ik setup and am now using targets .. but even though I think I've now got it to work I still can't see why the IK setup didn't. Thanks for your time in looking :D:thumbsup: