PDA

View Full Version : Help Files

Lude
08-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Could we have built in help file's in new versions of Lightwave. So we could just click a help tab and get contents/index/search etc. like most applications.

It's a real pain in the backside having to trail through the manuals.

Lude.

Macet01
08-22-2003, 11:49 AM
You may want to check the download area. They have a downloadable, html based, help system with a table of contents, index and it is fully searchable.

riki
08-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Contextual Help would be good. So that if your in the 'Surface Editor' looking at the 'Advance Tab' and you clicked on 'H' for help it would open the relevant page with additional related links.

Also the downloadable html version of the manual is a real mess on my system (OS9.2). Search doesn't work for starters, lots of other issues, but won't mention them here.

Mylenium
08-24-2003, 05:55 AM
Asm uch as I agree on this request, don't you guys think it would be more important to make the help complete at first? There are major parts missing and since it is more or less a rehash of the printed manuals it is not as efficient as I think it could be. BTW, the completness request is still valid for the printed manuals as well.

Mylenium

riki
08-24-2003, 06:57 AM
They'd probably need to be customised if use for this purpose. I don't imagine that the current version would just slot in nicely.