PDA

View Full Version : off topic>> 2012 trailer ace cg fx!

cresshead
06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

AbnRanger
06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/I know 3ds Max was used heavily in this, cause it has caused Cebas to push back the release of finalRender Stage 1 R3 (with an FPrime-esque IPR) for months and months, as it's being tested and developed in production on this movie.

Hope LW CORE really overhauls HV's and particles. With FPrime 3.5's ability to preview HV's, I can see it suddenly getting a good deal more heavy VFX work. Right now, I believe only LW w/FPrime 3.5 and Houdini 10 have this realtime volumetric preview rendering.

borkus
06-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Can we please make it illegal for any movie to use that friggin' bass boom that they've had for the last five years or so....? Come on already. It was cool when all the theaters upgraded their sound systems in the 90's. Remember Jurassic Park? That was cool to see my fountain soda do the same thing that the water on screen did. But, that was a long time ago... Anyway. Rant over. This movie does look cool, but I have a feeling that it's not going to be that great. Loved Independence Day. But, The Day After Tomorrow wasn't that great. Had it's moments. I think that this will be the same for this movie. Worth the $8 to see the effects.

Matt
06-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I love disaster films, it's the 70's/80's kid in me!

cresshead
06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
yeah don't care that the "story" is silly...just get to the end of the civilised world destruction shots!

as steve jobs would say...BOOM!

love it!

Cageman
06-19-2009, 11:26 PM

Oh yes... I got goosebumps from this trailer! Looking forward to the movie for sure!

:)

DiedonD
06-20-2009, 03:06 AM
And John Cusack is also a great actor! Im glad to see him after such a while!

The revenge of nature kinda movie, is it.

Cool.

gordonrobb
06-20-2009, 03:23 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this for sure. Don't care if it is a daft sotry at all.

JBT27
06-20-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh yes... I got goosebumps from this trailer! Looking forward to the movie for sure!

:)

Me too! So many cliches wrapped in one juicy predictable movie - can't wait!!

Julian.

colkai
06-20-2009, 04:55 AM

Right there with ya! :)
Love Day After Tommorrow so it's a given I'll probably love this, cheese, impossibility and all. :D

Brain at door, much entertainment, cannot wait.

Titus
06-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Day after tomorrow is among my top movies, don't know exactly why.

colkai
06-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Day after tomorrow is among my top movies, don't know exactly why.

'Cause it's awesome. :D
Yeah, the wife and I love it, likewise, most stuff folks hate, we love, for example, always enjoy stuff with Keanu Reeves or Nic Cage in. :)

Hey, we've always been "not normal" and proud of it! :p

Liber777
06-23-2009, 07:56 PM

I moved to New York City just so I could see my neighborhood destroyed over and over again in the movies...! (:

Stivan

cresshead
06-23-2009, 08:08 PM
anyone seen knowing yet?...i'm waiting for the DVD...august in u.k.

has the mighty talents of mr cage!:D

Liber777
06-23-2009, 10:14 PM
anyone seen knowing yet?...i'm waiting for the DVD...

I thought it was about half good and half very, very bad. I still had fun watching it, though!

Mr Rid
06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Das Spielbergle aus Sindelfingen vies to topple Bay as crowned king of vapid pixel blitzkrieg. The 'CG crap flying at camera' cliche is rendering stronger than ever since Jan de Bont (an early contender for the crown of flash-&-bang) started it all with the trailer for Twister.

Who's your Granddaddy of Disaster?

aurora
06-24-2009, 02:56 PM
There's nothing I love more then a good end of the world story. Strangely there's few things that I hate more then Hollywood happy endings where the world never ends. There's been a few very rare exceptions, 'When Worlds Collide', 'Titan AE', 'The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy' but did it really end in it? Its all 42 to me.

This one is kinda like 'Day After Tomorrow' it ends but doesn't end. I guess they are getting closer to realizing men are not Gods. I guess that's one great thing with non-US films. They are not always happy go lucky, never fear UnderDog is here stories.

borkus
06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Pulse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBcoo8i33L0) was another movie that wasn't that good. Actually, it sucked for the most part. The video game part made me want to vomit. But, the **** does hit the fan in the end and the plane flying over head towards the end of the movie scored points with me...