PDA

View Full Version : Nodes! Nodes! Where are the Nodes???

virtualcomposer
06-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm using the mac version of LW 9.6 and I cannot find the folder where the nodes are located to add new ones. Please help. :help:

toby
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
You mean node plugins you want to add or just nodes? Nodes that you got from the web or ones that you exported?

virtualcomposer
06-19-2009, 01:00 AM
You mean node plugins you want to add or just nodes? Nodes that you got from the web or ones that you exported?

well there was a hologram node that was on another thread that I'd like to use in the Node editor but I don't know where they are located in the Newtek root folders. I'm on a Mac

toby
06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Ugh, I'm sorry I've wasted your time, I thought nodes would load the same way as plugins, but I don't see the default lw ones anywhere in the plugin list ( they're built-in I guess? ) and I've never heard of a hologram node.

virtualcomposer
06-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Me to but there has to be a way somehow to put new nodes in.

toby
06-19-2009, 03:17 AM
I've installed the DP nodes, and they do install like regular plugins. So I thought lw's would be similar... :P

Tobian
06-19-2009, 04:44 AM
If you're refering to this http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77054 In both cases those are just surfaces/models. They are not node 'plugins'.

If you are refering specifically to the .nodes file, then all you do is load your model, open the surface, and then node editor and edit>import nodes and you can load up the nodal surface preset that way, like loading a .srf file to load a surface.

JeffrySG
06-19-2009, 08:14 AM
yeah, in cases like this 'node' can mean so many things... it's always good to let us know what type of file or extension you're referring to.

Tobian
06-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Haha well To be fair I think he confused himself on the issue! :) But yes, it sounded like you meant a singular 'node' which performed a hologram trick, rather than a node tree which created the effect with the standard nodes :D

Of course it is confused by the fact you can usually use a chunk of regular nodes or a single plugin-based node to do the same thing: Someone just found a commonly used function, which was quite complex to set up, and made it a single node! :D

virtualcomposer
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey thanks guys. I learn something new everyday.