PDA

View Full Version : Any news about the extra DFX+ dongle ?

eggy
08-22-2003, 09:19 AM
Me again, still need an extra dongle for DFX+, like it was said on many forums, sorry Chuck to mention it again but you even told us we can sell DFX+ ! :D

The eyeon support never responded, so Im trying this forum again !!!
Please help I really need this extra dongle for a second computer and BTW I finally received my DFX+ box a week ago, I ordered around June 15th.

See you
Eggy:)

Chuck
08-22-2003, 10:25 AM
And I've also said since that my statement was uninformed and also inappropriate in any case, and that it was always intended under the agreement with eyeon to ship a version of DFX+ that keyed to the LightWave dongle. I've apologized for not being aware of that and for making an incorrect suggestion.

eggy
08-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Chuck, I know you did !

But, where can I get another dongle, how much is it and is it even possible ? :confused:

-EsHrA-
08-22-2003, 01:50 PM
good point eggy...

i thought people who didnt get a dongle would get a compensation...as i remember..

Cheers,

-EsH-

geoff3dnz
08-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by eggy
But, where can I get another dongle, how much is it and is it even possible ? :confused: Have you actually tried contacting Eyeon??? They can sell you a separate dongle for $99.00. Don't install and register your copy with your existing dongle though - AFAIK it'll cause headaches later on...
Their website is:
www.eyeonline.com
and from my experience, they have seriously excellent customer service.

eggy
08-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Yes I have actually tried to contact eyeon, and I tell you more than once.

Thanks for the reply geoff3dnz !
I heard that eyeone got an excellent customer support, but damn strange they never replied !!!
The $ 99.00 deal sounds almost alright, thanks I will try to get this deal !!!

Hey sorry for all the trouble newtek and eyeon but maybe you should update your faqs on the DFX+ LW deal !!!
Hey curious, I think there are more guys who need an extra dongle !!!

iFX
08-23-2003, 02:04 AM
My DFX+ came with a DFX dongle... separate from the LW dongle...

Is this not normal? My DFX+ won't run without it's own dongle in the port (separate from the LW dongle)

I got my DFX+ bundle back in June - do people no longer get a DFX dongle or something? For convenience, I'd probably prefer fewer dongles on my system - though as with Aura (LW dongle version), it'd make it harder to sell if you don't use it ;)

So I guess I'm just asking whether my situation was unusual - ie getting a full boxed version of LW7.5 upgrade (from 6.5 - I read it was only supposed to be electronic - like the LW8 upgrade) and the DFX+ box coming with a separate dongle??

mrunion
08-23-2003, 09:03 AM
Yes, your situation was unusual. The first bundles shipped did not have the "tie to LW" completely ready I believe, so those people got sparate dongles.

Chuck
08-25-2003, 09:02 AM
I was able to to get a response on this through the marketing staff and sales staff at eyeon. If you do not register the copy with your LW dongle, you can order a dongle from eyeon sales for $95 in order to make the copy independent of your LightWave license.

robinson
08-25-2003, 11:08 AM

jimnokc
08-27-2003, 07:43 AM
My version of DFX+ came with a parallel dongle, currently riding on top of my recently received messiah:Animate 4.0 parallel dongles. Both dongles are working flawlessly and so far have not produced any baby dongles either.

It would have made sense though to simply key DFX+ to the LightWave dongle. I'm sure many would disagree, but in my opinion my copy of DFX+ was totally free courtesy of some marketing geniuses at NewTek. It's not fair to Eyeon or NewTek to allow the product to be sold separately. Just my opinion, but it seems like the fair and proper thing to do.

Then again, I will consider selling a kidney before I would part with LightWave! :)