PDA

View Full Version : Whoo New Job " Director of Art "

OnlineRender
06-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Good news people got a nice phone call today ."well about 30 secs ago ,pmsl " .

I'll cut a long story short .

I have been working for a major paintball company in the UK for 3 years now during my studies ,firstly i started as a marshal then team leader and finally got moved up-to HEAD MARSHAL , i got offered the managers job about 1 year ago but i had to decline due to other commitments.

Well that Saturday just passed ,I told them that I had enough and handed in my resignation .

well today i got a phone call from the owner "never spoke to him in the whole 3 years I worked there . "

In short he offered me a contract on "my conditions " ,whooo (",) to be head of the art department "me ,web programmer and another few peps . nothing massive but i get to do what i want and choose my own hours ,which will ding dang do for me .

He wants Virtual Environment's for all paintball sites (6) / zones (34)
Graphics for web ,TV and promo
& a new advert for terrestial TV

and i still get to play in staff games .

going in next week to sign my contract anything that i should include .
I'm trying to work out a budget also i told him I need 600 for CORE hehe .
+travel ect also i need a good job title i was thinking " PR GURU " LOL

anyway just thought i should let people know and maybe it will bring some hope to this dark and dismal economy .
"ps this all came from making an animatic of there zones " just shows you !

PEACE

Dexter2999
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Congrats, Sir.

AdamAvenali
06-17-2009, 10:59 AM
awesome! congrats man. my ariakon gets used far too less these days.

OnlineRender
06-17-2009, 12:00 PM
cheers much , im kinda glad tbh , been in a depresive hole for the last few months , my mum has severe mental health problems , and i have been paying two morgages "hers and mine "I was strugglin like MAD , but last week i sold her house and this week good news on the job front .

not excatly Rockstar North but thats only 10 minutes drive away from where i work now ,so someday !
Peace

CGI Addict
06-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Alright OnlineEnder, congrats and enjoy it man!

flakester
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Awesome news, well done that Dude! :thumbsup:

--
flakester

Sarford
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Grats mate, hope you mum is doing fine (given the circomstances).

cresshead
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
good news the job front well done!

DiedonD
06-18-2009, 01:15 AM
ABOUT TIME!!

;) :thumbsup:

biliousfrog
06-18-2009, 07:16 AM
congratulations fella!:beerchug:

Kuzey
06-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Haha...I never knew paintball was so big, I should try it one day :D

Congratulations on the promotion and best of luck with your mum's health issues.

Kuzey

OnlineRender
06-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Haha...I never knew paintball was so big, I should try it one day :D

Congratulations on the promotion and best of luck with your mum's health issues.

Kuzey

LOL tbh its not actually that big , although there turn over last year was massive ,"high profit low overheads "but we are the biggest / most professional paintballing brand , i got sponsored by Tippmann to tour the UK playing paintball was great fun .
but now ive moved to the PR "hate that " but i get to do 3D photography and other cool stuff ,plus benifits are nice "broom broom"

Im just glad i have a full time job doing what i want ,with people i like .plus i get to shot people (",)

PEACE

biliousfrog
06-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Im just glad i have a full time job....

That's enough at the moment ^ :rolleyes:

cresshead
06-18-2009, 11:37 AM
That's enough at the moment ^ :rolleyes:

job?...oh yeah i remember that...like err 5 months back!:D

Steamthrower
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
.plus i get to shot people (",)

Man, that's gotta be the best part. Paintballing bosses in the forehead could be gratifying. Congrats.

toby
06-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Xlnt dude!