PDA

View Full Version : Presets or Profiles

dgorham
06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping for something like a project preset. For instance, the sound board in a music recording studio would have different presets available for a rock recording or a jazz recording or a classical recording. Or, different settings for Guns N Roses vs. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Each of those settings would be saved and called up when needed, rather than have to tweak each control aspect individually. My TriCaster projects vary greatly - virtual studios to voice-overs. Even light-colored clothing vs dark-colored clothing impacts the chromakey differently. Having the ability to create and save various presets would save a lot of set-up time when moving from one project to the next.

Thanks for considering.

joseburgos
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
I asked for the same thing when LiveSets first came out. I would also like the ability to have a proc amp after livematte. This way if I want to darken the subject to match a dark LiveSet, I can do it. Or add a hint of a color from lights on the LiveSet.

Quiet1onTheSet
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I asked for the same thing when LiveSets first came out. I would also like the ability to have a proc amp after livematte. This way if I want to darken the subject to match a dark LiveSet, I can do it. Or add a hint of a color from lights on the LiveSet.
And expanding on your thoughts, D.G. and Josť, imagine a programmable, 3D virtual lighting grid, replete with virtual gels, snoots, cookies, and the like...
:hey:

Dub2Dat
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
With so many elements to prepare for a recording a "Project Preset" would save a lot of time. I wish there was a way to press a "Save Project Settting" button. Upon pressing this button I get prompted to enter a project name. After entering a name all of my project settings gets saved. These settings would include: all prog amp setting, all live set settings, all clips stored in DDR 1 and DDR2, and all text pages cued up on the text tab.

To recall these settings I would hit a button that says "Recall Project Settings". Upon hitting this button I get a list of all previous saves from which I can select the one I want and valaaaa....everything is loaded and ready to go!

SBowie
06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Again, you're going to love XD, with it's "session" concept. Hopefully some of this stuff will trickle down in time, too.

Dub2Dat
06-18-2009, 06:53 AM
What is XD?

SBowie
06-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Sorry - referring to the upcoming TriCaster XD300 model.