PDA

View Full Version : Vista 64 bit on mac pro

larkis
06-14-2009, 10:19 AM
I installed vista 64 bit on a mac pro to run LW 64 bit, everything seems to run fine accept the most important thing: the dongle.

The driver software installs fine, it shows the dongle in the device manager but lightwave keeps saying that the key is not found. Has anyone done this successfully on the a mac pro ? I'm trying it on the one model that shipped with the ati x1900 card.

I also tried installing the windows 7 RC but the problem persists, windows sees the dongle, driver identifies it as functioning, LW does not see it.

BeeVee
06-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Is it a duo dongle, or just a Mac one? Have you installed the Sentinel drivers?

B

nemac4
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Key not found refers to your license key. You need to log into your Newtek account and request a Windows/PC key. ( it is a different number, as the dongle number is different from Mac to PC ) Then place the license.key file in your "Program Files/Newtek/Programs/" folder.

edit: the license.key file is just a .txt file with the number pasted into it. Just be sure to end with the file name with .key

larkis
06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Yea, the dongle is a duo dongle, it says that the hardware lock is not found. SOrry for the confusion. I'm assuming the hardware lock is the dongle.

LW_Will
06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Um, you do know you need to load a software to run the dongle, right? Its on the large install that comes with LW 9.6...

Just checking with the obvious,

larkis
06-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Yea, I'm aware that I need to install software. I had it working in windows 2000 inside of parallels and on a pc before I got rid of it.

I'm asking on here because doing all the stuff one is supposed to do when installing the dongle is not working in this instance. Windows hardware manager sees the dongle and displays the correct name, the only thing that does not see the dongle is LW and the registration utility.

biliousfrog
06-17-2009, 04:58 AM
There are seperate keys for 32bit, 64bit, Windows and Mac...just make sure that you're using the correct key.

Just re-read and spotted that it's a hardware issue...make sure that you're using a 64bit sentinal driver, the 32bit ones won't work on a 64bit OS.

larkis
06-17-2009, 10:21 AM
There are seperate keys for 32bit, 64bit, Windows and Mac...just make sure that you're using the correct key.

Just re-read and spotted that it's a hardware issue...make sure that you're using a 64bit sentinal driver, the 32bit ones won't work on a 64bit OS.

I used the latest driver from this website http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp which says it does both 64 and 32 bit. Does the actual ubs key itself have a 64 bit version i would need to contact newtek for ? Is there some sort of permissions thing that maybe goes on my default that needs to be changed ?

It's a fresh install of windows.

bazsa73
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Strange, because I use the same setup, vista 64 ultimate on a Macpro with 64bit Lw and everything works fine.
Did you install the software as an administrator by the way? Vista has this user account safety paranoia.

biliousfrog
06-18-2009, 02:49 AM
I used the latest driver from this website http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp which says it does both 64 and 32 bit. Does the actual ubs key itself have a 64 bit version i would need to contact newtek for ? Is there some sort of permissions thing that maybe goes on my default that needs to be changed ?

It's a fresh install of windows.

The dongle works on 32 and 64, the key I was referring to is the activation key supplied by newtek, you need a different one for each version of Lightwave - 32bit, 64bit and Mac

corny
06-20-2009, 05:56 AM
i facing the similiar problem too.....see my link....

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99521