PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if Im wrong..

JAW
06-14-2009, 07:56 AM
I thought you were able to see textures and uv maps on models in layout in 9.6 in the camera view?

BlueApple
06-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Can you post a screen shot of your surface attributes and your display settings?

Some surface attributes can be seen in the viewport, and others cannot. Also, depending on the combination of your display settings and video card you may not be seeing everything that LW is capable of displaying.

OnlineRender
06-14-2009, 09:25 AM
the answer in short is" YES " but your pc may say otherwise LOL , i get that alot or the the textures projects backwards for some reason although renders correctly .
just depends on how much your videocard can hanndle or what polycount you have .

Good way i found that fixes it , is in layout open your model in modeller then send it back into Layout , usually fixes most problems

Exception
06-14-2009, 11:03 AM
You can. Make sure the viewport (any) is set to either 'textured' or 'wireframe texture' mode.

BlueApple
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Attached are two scenarios using the same UV and the same image. One is visible in the viewport and one isn't.

Also included are my display settings. This seems to give me the best results, but depending on your setup you may want to do something different.

JAW
06-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Attached are two scenarios using the same UV and the same image. One is visible in the viewport and one isn't.

Also included are my display settings. This seems to give me the best results, but depending on your setup you may want to do something different.

tnx, Im using the same settings. I think whats going on is an Open-GL issue, after trying a test again, i walked away from my comp for like 20mins, came back and the textures were there. It must be taking a long time to update textures. but like you said, it seems to work like 50% of the time. Sometimes there there, some times there not.

tnx's every1 for the replies, and help, :)

Cageman
06-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Aye...

I also have had issues with this. But so far it is so random and seldom, that I havn't been able to even try to reproduce it in order to send in a bug-report to NewTek. If you ever come across a way to make it happen, make sure you fog it to NewTek with sample-content for them to reproduce.

Sensei
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I thought you were able to see textures and uv maps on models in layout in 9.6 in the camera view?

How big are your textures?

creacon
06-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Never mind it seems to be working now

creacon

How big are your textures?

Castius
06-19-2009, 09:03 AM
As far as i know he node editor does not display textures in the viewport.

AdamAvenali
06-19-2009, 09:26 AM
As far as i know he node editor does not display textures in the viewport.

i have never had an image texture show up in my viewport if applied via the node editor.

Matt
06-19-2009, 01:52 PM
i have never had an image texture show up in my viewport if applied via the node editor.

Yep, it's not supported, sadly.