PDA

View Full Version : Dongle not found

corny
06-14-2009, 05:04 AM
i just bought a Mac book pro.. i installed LW9.6...i lauched the software.."Dongle not found" i try download http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp and install.....never work... any help? btw..me using safeNets dongle....

Bytehawk
06-14-2009, 08:44 AM
have you installed the software with the dongle attached ? then try removing it and reinstal the drivers.

cheers,

corny
06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
hhmm...try....result: Failed......:bangwall::bangwall::compbeati:cry:

sublimationman
06-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Go into your "Utilities" folder, open up "System Profiler" click open "Hardware" (if it's not already opened", Click on "USB", and see if you can see the dongle there.

If you can, it's a software problem, if you can't it's a hardware problem.

corny
06-17-2009, 01:18 AM
Hi..Thank.. i can see the dongle there. den what should i do next??

thank you

Go into your "Utilities" folder, open up "System Profiler" click open "Hardware" (if it's not already opened", Click on "USB", and see if you can see the dongle there.

If you can, it's a software problem, if you can't it's a hardware problem.[/QUOTE]

Kuzey
06-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Have you tried repairing user permissions etc.

Do you have a License.key file in the LW preference folder or anywhere else, open it up in a text editor add your License number and save it as a plain text document.

Kuzey

corny
06-17-2009, 07:33 AM
yup...i did...the problem is when i open up LW, it telling me Dongle Not Found.

Have you tried repairing user permissions etc.

Do you have a License.key file in the LW preference folder or anywhere else, open it up in a text editor add your License number and save it as a plain text document.

Kuzey[/QUOTE]

SpawnSP
06-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I had a similar problem last week. What I did was a complete uninstallation of the Sentinel drivers, but then not reinstalling anything. Before doing this, you could try to boot into safe mode (holding the shift key on boot). If then it works, then removing the Sentinel driver should fix the problem. BUT, if you have other software that uses the driver, it will stop working.

From this guide (http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/files/SafeNet_Sentinel_EndUser_Guide.pdf):

Uninstallation: Framework

The Sentinel. Framework is a driver framework. This framework is copied or installed in the path:
/Library/Frameworks Simply delete this framework from the above path.

Uninstallation:.kext
If Sentinel.Kext is installed on your machine, remove it using following instructions:

$ Change directory to /System/Library/Extensions folder
$ sudo kextunload -v Sentinel.kext
$ sudo rm -f Sentinel.kext

(I think that the last line failed, so I removed the file using Finder)

corny
06-18-2009, 03:10 AM
i did what u told me...still dun work out...:compbeati:cry:

Can u pls tell me step by step to install LW from very very starting point...

thank you
mike

I had a similar problem last week. What I did was a complete uninstallation of the Sentinel drivers, but then not reinstalling anything. Before doing this, you could try to boot into safe mode (holding the shift key on boot). If then it works, then removing the Sentinel driver should fix the problem. BUT, if you have other software that uses the driver, it will stop working.

From this guide (http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/files/SafeNet_Sentinel_EndUser_Guide.pdf):

(I think that the last line failed, so I removed the file using Finder)[/QUOTE]

Kuzey
06-18-2009, 06:19 AM
One member had the same problem and found a unique solution...see the last post in this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98795

Good luck,

Kuzey

corny
06-18-2009, 08:10 AM
try..still cannot.... :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

One member had the same problem and found a unique solution...see the last post in this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98795

Good luck,

Kuzey[/QUOTE]

Kuzey
06-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm lost to any new ideas....maybe set up a new user account on your computer and try it under that. Do you have another computer to try it on?

btw. when you're quoting...it seems you are deleting the start quotes and it's making it hard to follow the thread.

Kuzey

corny
06-20-2009, 02:29 AM
yup..me too really lost ideas.. i think maybe is the dongle itself. i did try install on other mac..Same thing happened.Btw..me using the black dongle and there is a "P" on the back of the dongle..i just wonder could it refer to PC?? how i know the dongle is duo dongle? i email to Newtek, the only relpy me once and did not reply the next mail.
I been delete...installed...delete and installed again and again. btw..my Mac is a brand new Mac...no other software was install...

I'm lost to any new ideas....maybe set up a new user account on your computer and try it under that. Do you have another computer to try it on?

btw. when you're quoting...it seems you are deleting the start quotes and it's making it hard to follow the thread.

Kuzey[/QUOTE]

chikega
06-25-2009, 09:27 PM
God, I'm having the same issue. And I have a project due ... why is it so complicated? I'll have to resort to another app for now... :(

corny
06-26-2009, 01:17 AM
dun give up...sure there is way way...many good ppl here willing to share and help.

Did u installing into a new computer? PC or Mac?

God, I'm having the same issue. And I have a project due ... why is it so complicated? I'll have to resort to another app for now... :([/QUOTE]