PDA

View Full Version : Surface Baker

DrStrik9
06-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I suppose this has already been requested a hundred times, but I couldn't find it in the posts here.

Let's bring Surface Baker into the new century:
Speed it up (like allow multiple cores, for instance). Why does it sit there for 5-20 minutes and do nothing, then suddenly spring into (very slow) action?

Because of its uber-slowness, I avoid it at all costs, until I have no alternative than to use it.

Also, let's include Luminosity in what Surface Baker captures. As of my tests today, Surface Baker does NOT capture any surface with luminosity set to 100%+. If a surface has 0% diffuse and 200% luminosity, the resulting image (after waiting 30 minutes or more) is BLACK. :-(

Thanks for listening. :-)

Mr Rid
06-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I suppose this has already been requested a hundred times, but I couldn't find it in the posts here.

Let's bring Surface Baker into the new century:
Speed it up (like allow multiple cores, for instance). Why does it sit there for 5-20 minutes and do nothing, then suddenly spring into (very slow) action?

Because of its uber-slowness, I avoid it at all costs, until I have no alternative than to use it.

Also, let's include Luminosity in what Surface Baker captures. As of my tests today, Surface Baker does NOT capture any surface with luminosity set to 100%+. If a surface has 0% diffuse and 200% luminosity, the resulting image (after waiting 30 minutes or more) is BLACK. :-(

Thanks for listening. :-)

Ok, take deep breaths, and go to your happy place. You've got three panicked threads inspired by a troublesome procedural, one of them you posted 5 times in a row in.

Now, let go of all negative feelings about surface baker and meditate on the Surface baking camera. :D

DrStrik9
06-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Yup. Surface Baking Camera is it. :-) And don't confuse number of posts or number of questions with panic. :-) Cheers.

walfridson
06-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Surface baker camera is not fully multithreaded.

zapper1998
06-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Surface baker camera is not fully multithreaded.

Yet ....