PDA

View Full Version : OT: [PROTOTYPE] Game, Looks Like Fun!

Matt
06-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm tempted, because it looks cool as!

But I wanna see some reviews first!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10150/

hrgiger
06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks cool.

JMCarrigan
06-12-2009, 08:08 PM
1> Can't 'cause I get addicted very easily.

2> I know I'd have to suspend disbelief - but why would I be upset over having those abilities suddenly?

Captain Obvious
06-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Revenge of the hoodies!

JMCarrigan
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
There's a **** load of reviews Matt. I don't know what to think now - except I'm now addicted o game reviews.....Rrrrrrgh.

Jim_C
06-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Would jump in a second for $30.
Would only need decent reviews for $40
Need an almost guarantee of enjoyment for $50.

probiner
06-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Let us all devour 3D CG artists to get their abilities? Well maybe not the looks :D

borkus
06-12-2009, 10:09 PM
From what I've seen of online reviews, this game is no different than most of the others produced in the last 5 years. Leaving you with the impression that there could have been more. If only they would take a concept and give it time to mature properly... Companies don't realize that there would be big money in that if they could only see that....

DiedonD
06-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Any good game where blades and more cold weapons are involved, with a good story is great by me. And I for one will buy it.

Thanks for the link Matt

I have Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz! Will it work with that anyone?

So you know what do we think Matt. But what do you think about it?

DiedonD
06-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Hey check the memory area.

It says: If you have the all RAM absorbing Vista, then something oughta be left aside from that RAM for this game as well you know, not all be swallowed by Windows. In which case you need 2 gigs of RAM.

But if you have XP! The one that doesnt cares to eat away your RAM for its own greedy operativity like Vista is for instance, then just 1 gig of RAM is fine!

:hey:

DiedonD
06-13-2009, 03:10 AM
Cool. Youre a game playing person Neverko! Didnt know that!

How many hours of fun did you had with that game?

IMI
06-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Looks like the dude from Assassin's Creed after a lengthy visit to the tunnels and basements in STALKER's Chernobyl. ;)

IMI
06-13-2009, 03:19 AM
yeah, i think I'll be buying this one.

DiedonD
06-13-2009, 03:32 AM
Yeah, It will arrive here for two days too. Im giong for it.

The link you gave Neverko tells a bit TOO much!

Kinda spoiled it a bit for me.

But I have a PC controller too. Its a llaptop here. Im only worried weather my processor can handle it! 2.2 Core 2 Duo here!

biliousfrog
06-13-2009, 03:33 AM
The trailer does look awsome, I'm glad it's available on PC, the trailer on TV didn't give much away with the platforms so I assumed that it would be console only.

DiedonD
06-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Man, just look at the blades and blade types!

What does one do to pass the neverending 2 days till delivery?

IMI
06-13-2009, 05:23 AM
What does one do to pass the neverending 2 days till delivery?

Go render something. ;)

DiedonD
06-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Go render something. ;)

From your mouth directly to the Gods ears Inshallah :thumbsup::D

And Chronos is the God who doesnt seems to like me. Got anyone up there that you could... you know... interveene? Pull a phew strings here and ther, huh? ;)

safetyman
06-15-2009, 06:21 AM
DiedonD -- I wouldn't worry too much about your processor being up to snuff - it's your video card you have to be concerned with. If you have a decent card you should be fine.

As far as the "... all RAM absorbing Vista" -- I have Vista 64 bit and it tears through games like you wouldn't believe. I also have 6GB of RAM and it barely uses 500mb with no programs running. All the ppl who have bad things to say about it must have cut corners to put together a system. Jumps off soapbox

Lito
06-15-2009, 11:34 AM
It's a good game, but IMO inFamous on the PS3 is much better. I think the problem with the game is that main character can only be a bad guy not like in inFamous where your actions will dictate how the people react to you. I think Ars' review is exactly what I was thinking:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2009/06/prototype-review-one-thing-you-cant-destroy-is-yourself.ars

Matt
06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah inFamous looks great, but not available for PC :(

DiedonD
06-16-2009, 12:55 AM
DiedonD -- I wouldn't worry too much about your processor being up to snuff - it's your video card you have to be concerned with. If you have a decent card you should be fine.

As far as the "... all RAM absorbing Vista" -- I have Vista 64 bit and it tears through games like you wouldn't believe. I also have 6GB of RAM and it barely uses 500mb with no programs running. All the ppl who have bad things to say about it must have cut corners to put together a system. Jumps off soapbox

Phiew! Thanks :)

Nah the Graphic Card is above the games expectations :D

I have an HP with Vista that I turned to XP. And 3 gigs of RAM. It will be hot for it to process it, but in right aired positions I may go all the way through with this game.

Matt
06-23-2009, 04:45 AM
Okay, I gave in to temptation and bought this game!

Oh what fun! It's like GTA IV meets Mirror's Edge! Not entirely sure how long lasting it will be once you've gained all the cool powers (and some are cool) but I just love free-running and flying around the city and then sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhbam! Land full force next to some poor unsuspecting member of the public! Great! :D

Graphically it's not Crysis, but certainly not bad looking, and it seems pretty efficient too, I've never had it slow down once while playing, even when the sh!t has hit the fan!

The storyline won't win any Oscars, but you'll be having too much fun destroying the city to even care!

:D

Captain Obvious
06-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh what fun! It's like GTA IV meets Mirror's Edge!
But... Mirror's Edge was rubbish, though. :(

Matt
06-23-2009, 06:30 PM
But... Mirror's Edge was rubbish, though. :(

I never played it, but was referring to the free-running part, which is great fun in prototype!

BeeVee
06-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Zero Punctuation did a comparison between Prototype and Infamous: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype

Like all Zero Punctuation, really not suitable for work if you don't have headphones on and ability to conceal sniggering (and don't mind bad language).

B

Jim_C
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Been playing for about a week now.(Prototype) Really getting fun as I open new abilities. Was afraid of the 50 bux, but has been worth it.

Jim_C
06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I hope Steam introduces a multiplayer for it. Would be great to battle other prototypes.

Matt
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Zero Punctuation did a comparison between Prototype and Infamous: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype

Like all Zero Punctuation, really not suitable for work if you don't have headphones on and ability to conceal sniggering (and don't mind bad language).

B

I like his reviews, but as I don't own a console, the fact that prototype might be similar to inFamous means nothing to me, as I only have access to one, kudos to Activision for not leaving us PC owners out to dry!

I was also surprised to find there is no copyright protection whatsoever on this game, makes a refreshing change from the hoops I had to jump through to get GTA IV working and registered!

Jim_C
06-25-2009, 01:07 PM
I was also surprised to find there is no copyright protection whatsoever on this game, makes a refreshing change from the hoops I had to jump through to get GTA IV working and registered!

Before purchase, I was searching for reviews to help make up my mind and I landed in the comment section of a torrent tracker. Guys there were saying something about their hacked versions wouldn't play because of DirectX 9 not being installed even tho they were using Vista and DX10. I didn't think twice about it since I was gonna pay for it if I liked it and wasn't concerned about problems with hacked copies.

So I purchased, downloaded and installed thru Steam, and I'll be danged if I didn't get the same error. (No DX9 installed). I had to backup the local Steam game content, uninstall, reinstall the DX package from the MS site, and then reload PROTO.

Fascinating.. I know...

:hey:

Matt
06-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Mine worked fine right out of the box! (Vista 64 DX10 here)

geothefaust
06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
This game looks pretty cool... Reminds me of Venom and Carnage.

IMI
06-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Alright well I just went and ordered it through Steam.
Can't wait to play it!

doimus
06-26-2009, 01:40 AM
I wish I didn't buy PS3. Now I'm all in Prototype vs. Infamous dilemma. I really wish Assassins Creed 2 would come out sooner, as both of those serve as an interlude to AC addiction. :D

I might get Prototype for PC, though. Anybody plays it on laptop? I have Ati 3650 in mine, I guess it could work on medium/low details....

IMI
06-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Well it installed and plays fine for me, too. It's alot of fun so far!
Although I really can't escape the similarities between Prototype and Assassin's Creed...

Matt, how do you know if it's using DX 10? There aren't any options I see for DX 10, although it definitely installs DX 9 before starting the first time.

Is it just me or is the sound way too low? I have the sound for the music, FX, and voice all cranked up in the game to max, but I have to turn my system sound up all the way too. I normally leave it at about halfway for everything and in many cases that's too loud loud. All my games are very loud too, and my sound is overall working just fine, but I can't get Prototype to even come close. It's loud enough to play though, but I just can't reach that window-rattling, eardrum-cracking volume I like in a game.

The graphics in this game really surprise me. Many things are really beautiful, while many others are drab and lacking detail. I have the graphics cranked to max though, and am getting excellent performance, but I wish it was all more consistent in its appearance.

Red_Oddity
06-26-2009, 02:51 AM
It's a fun game, but i find it can get boring after a while, the graphics aren't super, mostly grey and brown cubes with building textures.

It misses the diversity in looks that Crackdown had (where you exactly knew in what area of the city you where just by looking at the buildings and street lighting), and i guess you can best compare it to that title as well in gameplay (heck i see a lot of 'inspiration' taken from that title)

But, still a lot more fun that for example GTA4 or Assassin's Creed (which was nothing more but a glorified tech demo with some really bad game play choices towards the end)

Matt
06-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Matt, how do you know if it's using DX 10? There aren't any options I see for DX 10, although it definitely installs DX 9 before starting the first time.

Oh I don't for sure, but I suspect because of the speed of it, DX9 is being used.

Is it just me or is the sound way too low? I have the sound for the music, FX, and voice all cranked up in the game to max, but I have to turn my system sound up all the way too. I normally leave it at about halfway for everything and in many cases that's too loud loud. All my games are very loud too, and my sound is overall working just fine, but I can't get Prototype to even come close. It's loud enough to play though, but I just can't reach that window-rattling, eardrum-cracking volume I like in a game.

First thing I noticed too! Waaaay too low. I need my speakers on max. I almost fell off my chair when I forgot to turn it back down and Windows beeped at me! At 3am in the morning that ain't fun!

The graphics in this game really surprise me. Many things are really beautiful, while many others are drab and lacking detail. I have the graphics cranked to max though, and am getting excellent performance, but I wish it was all more consistent in its appearance.

I agree, for the most part it looks lovely, and the frame rates are awesome, even when the screen is filled with peds, helicopters, infected, explosions etc.

Not sure if you've collapsed a building on a mission yet, but the dynamics and crumbling animation really sucks! Minor point though, flying around looks awesome.

I'd say they struck a good balance between looks and speed.

Matt
06-26-2009, 05:02 AM
I wish I didn't buy PS3. Now I'm all in Prototype vs. Infamous dilemma. I really wish Assassins Creed 2 would come out sooner, as both of those serve as an interlude to AC addiction. :D

I might get Prototype for PC, though. Anybody plays it on laptop? I have Ati 3650 in mine, I guess it could work on medium/low details....

I suspect this game will play fine on most systems, my rig nails this game whereas it struggles with Crysis at 1680 x 1050.

IMI
06-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Well whatever it may be lacking or needing more of.... or less of, it's great fun so far. :)

Yeah, it's really uber efficient, graphics wise. The Sims 3 actually stresses my video card more than prototype, if you can believe that.

Hmmm... that gives me an idea... what I wouldn't give to have my prototype guy in my Sims town. :devil: ;)

IMI
06-28-2009, 06:06 AM
Not sure if you've collapsed a building on a mission yet, but the dynamics and crumbling animation really sucks! Minor point though, flying around looks awesome.

Yeah, I just collapsed my first building, and you're right, the dynamics and crumbling are terrible.
And no, I don't suck that bad that it took me 3 days to get to that point, just haven't had much time to put into it. ;)

I think overall the animation is pretty bad, actually, or at least sub-par. The main character, Alex, is pretty good, and all the fancy movements seem to be handled well enough, but the crowd isn't so good. They're jerky and unnatural-moving.
But what really surprises me is the poor quality of the CA in the cut scenes, particularly the facial animation. And while I can see a need for lo-res models, and lo-res textures in the actual gameplay, it isn't necessary in the cut scenes, which, IMO, appear to have been rushed just to get it out the door. They obviously put alot of time and effort into the FX and all the fancy stuff, but they skimped on the more normal scenes, like when Alex is talking to his sister, and in military scenes where the uniforms are all jaggy and have that painted-on look, with weak normal maps or maybe none at all.
Overall though I'd say the texturing work is quite good.

Just minor gripes though and none of that particularly detracts from the fun of it. :)

DiedonD
06-28-2009, 02:11 PM
RIGHT I HAVE IT INSTALLED! YAY!! :thumbsup:

Good thing about the sond beeing so low! The only time I can play it is some 2 hours before sleep, when everyone has slept!

If by any chance my eldest son would hear any 'suspicios' sound, hell wake up and want to join. And this kinda game isnt for them to join you know.

Hes right here with me BTW. Good thing his english isnt THAT good to read all this right now :D

IMI
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh so you got it and got it installed. Cool. :)

Just to let you know, if you have any troubles with it, any problems with the game play, the controls, or need information about upgrades....

... don't ask me, 'cause I'm totally lost. ;)

This is one major difficult game, even just on normal difficulty setting.

EDIT-
In regards to the sound problem, if your sound card software came with EQ controls, that's a good way to adjust it.
I created an EQ preset just for Prototype and got it all boosted up to how I like it. It's just a matter of trying to remember to set it to that setting before starting the game. ;)

DiedonD
06-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Nah the low sound suits me well. Appart that I should focus alot more when he starts talking, so as not to skip anything.

Thanks for stepping forward IMI with a solution of whom I should contact should I get lost in the game ;)

I knew I could always 'count' on you :D

Im on top of a building now. Neither I nor the character know how did we came run up there, as if its some sorta running track of the ordinary kind, and not a 90 degrees skyscrapper!

But why do you mention the controller problesm? Did you had any?

IMI
06-29-2009, 02:00 AM
But why do you mention the controller problesm? Did you had any?

No, I meant just how to control your character, how to get him to run, jump, fly and all the fancy motions and attacks that require a certain sequence.

A sequence being a certain combination of keys pressed and mouse buttons clicked. (I added that because I sensed your next question was going to be, "what do you mean by sequence?" ;))

For example, I have the "Air Dash" upgrade now, but have no idea how to use it. I do what the very very limited explanation says, but nothing seems to happen.
In the way that your character is controlled it seems this is the type of game that would be better played with a gamepad. I guess, maybe. Just like Assassin's Creed, there are alot of fancy motions and attacks your character can do, but first you have to remember how to execute them, what combination of keystrokes and mouse clicks to use. It's pretty confusing, if you ask me, especially since the game moves so fast and you really don't have anywhere to practice. At least in Assassin's Creed you had that little courtyard practice ring to try out your new skills. I think Prototype would have benefited greatly from such a feature.
Then again, I'm old and worn out. I'm sure some 10 year old kid could learn this game twice as fast. ;)

DiedonD
06-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah, its definitely better with a gamepad. Though a semi use of that gamepad is beeing executed at this stage.

That chocking involvement is so vast, that I didnt had time to figure out what button does what in the game! Hints mention the use of mouse only! Not a hint for a gamepad for instance!

Plus though I have a gamepad it didnt recognized it at first without the aid of Pinnacle. And that is 30 day limits only, but its another issue.

But now I have R1 for the left mouse button, but couldnt find any button for the right mouse button for instance, and that has some pretty fancy moves!

I cannot even control the camera at this stage! And once in a building surrounde by shooting choppers, I had dropped down on a thin side area of the building and the camera was so close, that I only saw Mercers fading face polys, no more! I didnt even knew how to super run even as double tapp didnt worked, and was changed with a special button in gamepad instead!

So as a result Im using the keyboard and the joystick in the gamepad controller to move about - hence semi use of gamepad. Its gonna be a heck of a ride by both trying to control the character, in this way or better, learn new moves (that would be something if they give us space and time to practice as you say) and manage till the end with the game thataway!

DiedonD
06-29-2009, 02:57 AM
So does the 360 controller work for PC aswell, since Microsoft is the same for Xbox and PC Windows?

Or do you have a way to play Prototype in XBOX?

IMI
06-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Yeah I think I'm gonna have to get one of those 360 controllers for PC. I think the need for something like that is only going to increase as time goes on.

IMI
06-29-2009, 02:59 AM
So does the 360 controller work for PC aswell, since Microsoft is the same for Xbox and PC Windows?

Or do you have a way to play Prototype in XBOX?

The magic of google....
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=090

DiedonD
06-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Yes I agree with you for 360. It will come more to be in use sooner or later. Thanks for the link, it was confusing for Wiki to say that its for Xbox while our friend here uses it for PC apparently.

Why didnt Microsoft thought of it first! But it nelgected the gaming population for long enough for Sony to cover it for good, and then comeback with all these things!

Matt
06-29-2009, 03:28 AM
On keyboard and mouse here, have no issues controlling it.

DiedonD
06-29-2009, 03:38 AM
... Shinobi, Golden Axe and other stuff from my teenage arcade days :)

Ahh Golden Axe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EUNPIS-kN0

Those were the good old games! I always used Gilius Thunderhead!

They horribly failed at other Golden Axe series though! Wonder if this one will go further!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6a28Cw0fR8

Ill add a Final Fight to that list of yours Neverko.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_jy6wi9DqA

And they did manage to come up with a similar game in 3D on this one. I know cause Ive played it. Its was pretty cool, and you had the Final Fight classic as a bonus once you played it till the end too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX41q_oIXms

IMI
06-29-2009, 05:49 AM
On keyboard and mouse here, have no issues controlling it.

Well aren't you just special. ;)

I'm not having problems controlling it, just having problems remembering what does what.

IMI
06-29-2009, 05:54 AM
I don't get the whole console thing since everything seems worse to me...

Because you can buy an Xbox for about a third of the price of a mediocre gaming computer, would be my guess. The Console Kiddies don't know sh1t about computers. A quick read at any gaming forum can confirm that. ;)
And those who DO know about computers are more likely to be using a PC for gaming.

Edit: The forum doesn't like happy words like sh*t and sh*tty. I used crap and crappy instead which is basically the same thing. Whatever...

Used to be able to. Now you can't say sh1t around here. In more ways than one. ;)

JMCarrigan
06-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Used to be able to. Now you can't say sh1t around here. In more ways than one. ;)

Whut da fu**! :devil:

DiedonD
08-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I take back my words of 'Not having enough time and space to practice'

When we mentoined that IMI, I can imagine Neverko looking at us from above and thinking 'Meh... Amateurs' ;)

There are PLENTY of places to practice! All you should do is, not go to the next order of the day, but finish of these newly events! Them that have symbols of: skulls, feet, explosions, wings and so. There you can practice all you want, while you aim to get the golden level points (theres silver and bronze below).

On Keyboard and touchpad here. Have increased the speed of the touchpad to Medium12, and have changed the keys for movement to arrows for movement, and Q basic punch, W serious hit, then E by default is near, and TAB also near on the left for locking in. Shift not faraway for those times that double tap doesnt works, and CTRL for walk, while I cant imagine someone needing it! I ran from there to there even when required to stealthily to penetrate that building and eat up scientists.

I know its no 360! But the advantage is just that! Not super learning the right way to play Prototype would make it easier to forget it, once were done with the game! But I can do all moves appart from Devastator one! While I hold the serious hit, it activates the serious hit, no amount of E typing stops him for the devastator which is hold W then E!

But the other devastator seems easier though havent used it! Hold Q+E! That shouldnt be a problem!

I have all golden levels achieved in them events. Except for the feets, because Im using keyboard probably! And Empire State building for 44 seconds seems largely dependent on luck at the moment for me!

Once you have em all in gold, youll have a very hard level of Platinum which will give even more points. But do I need all these evolutionary points? I have acquired almost all things in my list at present, but I can see that some skills in the list of skills still is empty!

I just dont want to bother with these New Events for gaining points, If Ill have all my skills maxed you know....

And I dont have the option of acquiring them all at present!

I dont have the sticky arm for one thing, and I dont think Ill ever acquire the power throw and power throw while moving skills, cause I dont see any practical use for it! Should I though? Must I get them too before another new skill becomes available?

The skill that lets you pickup targets while running so fast (lev 3) is awsome! Brings in the predatory Jaguar in me ;) . Just take your target to a darkened dead end street and feast in safety LOL

IMI
08-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Well thanks for all the info, Diedon. :)

I'll put that to use if I ever start playing it again. I just suddenly lost interest in it entirely and haven't played it since the last time I wrote here about it.

DiedonD
08-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Well thanks for all the info, Diedon. :)

I'll put that to use if I ever start playing it again. I just suddenly lost interest in it entirely and haven't played it since the last time I wrote here about it.

NOWAY!!

How did you manage to loose interest? Is it biologically possible?

IMI
08-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I just got bored with it, man

DiedonD
08-03-2009, 12:57 AM
I just got bored with it, man

Dont tell me youve had all of your skills up, including that shiny sword like arm of his, and you managed to get bored?

I still dont have the sword! I just had the whiplash skill up!

Poor Hive and Army Buildings! They must be sacrificed so as Mercer gets his skills up! ;)

Try getting the blue glowing thingy from the very peak, antenna peak, of the Empire State Building, super jump from there, and kick a helicopter from above!

That should cheer you up :thumbsup:

aaronv2
08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
to me this game is just the engine from spiderman (also made by activision) with just different stuff for you to do. the game is almost identical to spiderman even the combat and upgrades. however u can just do a bit more cool stuff. I admit it was fun to play at first but got a little old after a while.

hmm ive just wondered to myself... has any l33ts made mods for the game? *googles*

IMI
08-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Dont tell me youve had all of your skills up, including that shiny sword like arm of his, and you managed to get bored?

Yes, and yes, I did get bored with it.

The last time I played it, I played for about three hours and was completely into it. I had to force myself to quit because I had other things I had to do.
Later on I opened it back up and thought to myself, "Why am I playing this?". I realized I had no interest in it at all, that I had simply gotten over it.

Strangely enough, I seem to have this "ho-hum" feeling about most of the games I own now. Everything all of a sudden seems so drab and repetitive and dull.
I don't think I'm going to be entertained by a game again until Half-Life 3 or Episode 3.

DiedonD
08-04-2009, 12:43 AM
- After one employee suddenly starts nose bleeding to a head vain cutt degree of spilling blood out, and the doctor says Anemia and forbids my employee from work...

- After a relative of another employee suddenly dies, and he takes a 2 week vacation so as he can use that time for trying to be engaged with his fiancee...

- After another employee circumcizes his two children and brothers children, and thus must celebrate massively taking with him three other employees from my factory and they all do not come to work...

All that in the PEAK of bussiness which is now...

- After two customers come in and rightfully start giving me a headacke asking for their ordered windows and doors, which I couldnt make them in time due to the above abscence...

Then, man oh man just put me any sort of life form for me to whiplash and cutt in two massively, cause they are gonna get it! ;)

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 04:55 AM
HELP!

Can anyone give me a little help please!

I must be missing something, but the Side EVENT in Prototype, the one named Aerial Assault where youre placed on top of a huge building with a STINGER like Missile Launcher, blowing Helicopters that come at you, that one isnt working for me!

I have ALL side Events in a Gold medal, cause you need all of them in Gold before the Platinum version comes up.

But that one above! Im at Bronze and though have gotten too close, at best I think I can make it at Silver medal! So what am I missing?

Im aware that Im wasting time while I find helicopters to target, but I also waste time when I clear them all of them from the sky! Then I just wait there, no helicopters!

Did anyone made it for Gold medal for that one? Can you tell me what Im missing or doing wrong please?

IMI
08-24-2009, 06:34 AM
I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you. Classified information, you know. :D

Good luck, Diedon, I'm pulling for you - I know you can do it!

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 06:49 AM
I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you. Classified information, you know. :D

Good luck, Diedon, I'm pulling for you - I know you can do it!

My God, with such esteem and empowerment - LORD - Put the Himalayas on front of me, and Ill crunch it all with me very TEETH!!

IMI
08-24-2009, 07:13 AM
That's the spirit!
That's the Diedon I know!
Go get 'em man! Take no prisoners!

DiedonD
08-24-2009, 07:31 AM
That's the spirit!
That's the Diedon I know!
Go get 'em man! Take no prisoners!

:lol:

Seriosly though. Have you managed to get to that part before you lost faith in Prototype?

Aerial Assault it says, and Im tired of seeing it in Bronze in the middle of a dozen or more of Golden trophies that surround it!

Its in the middle east coast of NY somewhere! Its a shooting Side Event with Missile launcher!

Now I have finished all other missile launching events, but this one, I barely, BARELY may manage for Silver! Another 70 that Im clueless how to get, are required for it to reach Gold afterwards aswell like the rest!

IMI
08-24-2009, 07:36 AM
No, I still haven't played it any more. I have too many other things going on right now, but I'll probably go back to it eventually.

You probably ought to ask these questions in the Steam forum for Prototype. Even though you didn't get it through them, it doesn't matter, anyone can sign up and the forum account is separate from a regular Steam customer account. Just like here.

I guarantee you'd get an answer there pretty quickly.

DiedonD
08-25-2009, 05:51 AM
You know I knew about that idea from start, but it was the forum that introduced me to Prototype in the first place. So since I had an issue in it, like I clear the sky from helicopters and for a while there are no more there, thus I stand and waste time without scoring even the Silver medal in time, its like socializing with the forum as well as sort out the problem.

http://guides.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/985511/Prototype/page_136.html

Thats the one specifically!

So... Is it safe to conclude that I and only I am the best player of Prototype in this whole wide forum then?

Day 15 so far, all but 1 side Events are in Gold.

IMI
08-25-2009, 10:10 AM
So... Is it safe to conclude that I and only I am the best player of Prototype in this whole wide forum then?

Probably. You're a killer, man, a lean, mean, fightin' machine. :D

I'll have to get back with you on this when I feel like playing it next time. When I was, I don't think I even got one silver medal. And all those timed "missions" just reminded me of Assassin's Creed too much. Not that that's a bad thing, but I don't like the way they filled the game with so much stuff like that for nothing. Or rather, to add to the game without actually having to add anything to it, if you know what I mean. I like real missions, where you have a real goal and have to think it through, not just "beat the clock", or see how much of something you can do within a certain time frame.
That stuff really doesn't fit within the context of the game, IMO.
Imagine if in Half Life 3, Alex asks Gordon to run out into a field and kill as many zombines as he can in three minutes and then he gets a little medal to add to his suit. The outrage would be deafening. ;)

Jim_C
08-25-2009, 12:17 PM

I'll take ya on... :hey:

Actually, I am much further along in days but have basically ignored the side projects except for a couple of them..... Maybe I need to go back and play a few.

One tip... if you haven't done the mission where you hijack a helicopter and have to transport some troops, don't finish the last part of it and you have access to a copter with unlimited ammo. You can turn on infected vision (F9) and fly around the city blowing up infected water towers. Will give you mad EP points. Then go and finish the mission when done or bored with the towers.
Also a great way to practice copter flying without worrying about setting off alarms.

DiedonD
08-26-2009, 01:46 AM
I'll take ya on... :hey:

Actually, I am much further along in days but have basically ignored the side projects except for a couple of them..... Maybe I need to go back and play a few.

Too late to take me on... Ive won its over :( ...

Now what am I going to do...

But its obvios that they didnt put much care on those things that IMI says, and whats even worse, they didnt put more emphasis on the most important thing of all - STORY

I think once you finish it, youll think how the the heck can Alex be back on the Island, and how the heck the NY Island can be seemingly untouched after all that ordeal.

The Aerial Attack event is now in Silver grade, with 232 points, another 38 required for gold.

Without these Events, I think that the game would be over in no time!

Since I have a challenger, I think Ill need to show proof to what I say for this game. I think I shold Screen grab the island with all gold in it.

Matt
08-26-2009, 06:26 AM
I've been getting back into Left 4 Dead recently, downloaded some new maps (community ones) from www.l4dmods.com

Some really cool ones on there!

DiedonD
08-26-2009, 07:14 AM
You didnt finished Prototype neither Neverko? You were way advanced back then when me and IMI were just complaining about it!

Matt
08-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm playing some Osmos (http://store.steampowered.com/app/29180/)

Nice ambient music and relaxing casual gameplay.

That looks really cool!

JeffrySG
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I've been getting back into Left 4 Dead recently, downloaded some new maps (community ones) from www.l4dmods.com

Some really cool ones on there!

Matt, can you recommend any 3rd party maps for L4D? I haven't tried any new ones yet.

I also found this video... pretty interesting concept for a video game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNu4CluFOcw

Matt
08-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Matt, can you recommend any 3rd party maps for L4D? I haven't tried any new ones yet.

This one was a really well designed map (click image for link):

http://www.left4deadmods.com/joomloads_uploads/53dbd81f-f0a6-a800/images/1_display.jpg (http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_joomloads&view=package&Itemid=2&packageId=156)

OnlineRender
09-10-2009, 05:39 AM
A message from Diedon
"don't kill the messenger."

My last post at NT
As you may already know by now, I am banned again J . It seems I just couldn’t stop myself from talking of Politics. Dont get to mean about NTs policies, cause I don’t blame them, and they have indeed proven to be good people with a job to follow, head top policies included. And even then in that regard they have indeed been tolerant with me very well. My direct last post, proves that it was a harmless topic, of me being curious about a protocol in NATO. Harmless as it may be, it still is politics, and are excellent grounds for neutral and no offense banning, which I salute the NT for it. Nicely done.

I just simply did it to myself this time, without anyone having anything to do with!

I tried coming back just once with a fake name just to say proper goodbyes, but it didn’t worked. So Im glad my friends are helping me spread my farewells properly in this way.

During my years in here Ive had a wonderful time as the forum came to be a daily joyful and exciting routine of mine. Ive come to know brilliant even marvellous people, and have come to make good friends with them. In an effort to show my interest in continuing my friendly relationship with you guys (for those that I don’t have e-mails of course) I can use this opportunity to tell you at which forum will I be nesting from now on. It will be at http://www.hd3d.proboards.com/index.cgi which is a forum specially designed to suit our topics that can freely be expressed on all directions on proper sub-boards with no further policy strict regulations. It even has a chatroom!

That can be the starting ground of a great place for all of us!

Since Im leaving from here, I should put my last promises to their place, before I say my proper farewell.

For one I promised my PROTOTYPE challengers that I will give proof of what they are going against! So here youll find attached a screen capture of everything done in Gold and Platinum. Beat that, and you may have beaten me. May have, cause still I am the first with THAT many achievements in EVENTS ;)

And of course my promise of PITAJKA, the Ramazan food will also be put in place before I go.

Its been very nice knowing you all. Should you want to continue you know where to find me, and this farewell may be just in a ‘see you later’ sense ;)

But to the rest of you. Bye-bye great people. And God bless you all.

Very Best
Diedon Dorambari

On a side note – You may have unchallenged comments about Kosova Republic from now on. And indirect or direct negative ones at that as well! By the the very ones that are already known to make such comments by now. But just bare in mind that if you need information about a certain country, do ask the ones living there! Simple. No need to ask foreigners that don’t live there and especially not the ones that never had anything to do with it but provide terror.

Prototype avi file attached or maybe not ,

http://www.onlinerender.com/Prototype.rar AVI file ??

PEACE

would this be classed helping a fugitive (",)

OR