PDA

View Full Version : Right Click Edit Text Option

Dub2Dat
06-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Often it is necessary to update text information from the Live Production screen. Although you can make a few minor changes from the Text tab you can't re-center the text, you can't add extra lines of text, you can't stretch a graphic, etc.

So for those situations where you have to go back to the Edit Text tab I propose a faster way to get you where you need to be.

I would like to be able to right click on a text page from the Live Production tab...I get a pop up box that says something like..."Open page in Edit Text...Yes/No?" I click yes and this page opens in Edit Text. I make my changes...click save...and the page gets saved to the hard drive and the updated version is saved back to the Text tab on the Live Production tab.

To accomplish the same thing now I have to first go the Edit Text tab. Try to remember what was the name I gave to that page (hummm...can't recall right now). Search through all my pages for something that looks familiar. Find the page...make the changes...resave it...and oh, don't forget to export the page to live...and should that be append or replace?...go back over to the live tab...click on the text tab...go to append...and what's this...the file names are not the names I gave them...humm...do some more searching...ahhh found it. Damn about time. Next update!

SBowie
06-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Interesting. I assume you aren't suggesting this would be something you'd do during a live event?

Dub2Dat
06-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Interesting. I assume you aren't suggesting this would be something you'd do during a live event?

Oh no, you are quite correct. This would not be something to do while doing a live show. This is pre-show. That's why I wanted a yes/no response box to make me think about it before clicking. Maybe a fail safe could be built in so that when the record button is hit that this option is no longer available.