PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Foot Rig + Same As Item Problem

BlueApple
06-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I've got a reverse foot rig in the attached .zip and it works fine for what I need. Grab the Foot1Lft or Foot1Rt bones and you can move and rotate them and everything is cool.

I am trying to add nulls (HeelRt and HeelLft) to control the bones. I have a different rig where I simply set the Heel nulls as rotation and position items (Motion Options > Controllers and Limits) and choose Same As Item for XYZ and HPB.

The problem is when I set Y or Z to Same As Item the bone (Foot1Lft/Rt) flies into the character's head. Anyone know which step I am missing here?

Also, I tried setting this up with expressions instead of through motion options and got the same result. As soon as the position expressions for the Y or Z were applied the bone went flying.

Any help is appreciated.

-Adam

UnCommonGrafx
06-12-2009, 09:39 AM
You try it with Relativity stuff?

BlueApple
06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Haven't tried Relativity, but I'll take a look at it.

I'd like to know why the other method isn't working too, though. I had it working fine on a different rig, but something got hosed on this one.

RebelHill
06-12-2009, 10:19 AM
world?

BlueApple
06-12-2009, 10:26 AM
world?

Is this a global vs. local thing you're suggesting? Where can I find that so I can change it, por favor?

BlueApple
06-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Modify -> Coordinate System -> World/Parent/Local all deliver the same result. For some reason the foot bone goes flying when I try to control the Y or Z position with a null.

If anyone has the time to crack open the .zip I attached (first post) and let me know how I screwed up, I'd love to hear from you.

RebelHill
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I meant the world checkbox thats right there in the same as item/motion options.

BlueApple
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I meant the world checkbox thats right there in the same as item/motion options.

That was it. Thanks for the assistance.