PDA

View Full Version : Surface Panel Crashes

Morbius
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Vista 32bit
LW 9.6 Layout

I'm playing with Cel shaders and I have run into some crashing with the surface panel.

It seems to happen when I perform certain functions with plug-ins. When it starts to refresh the preview "ball" it crashes. I can see the the refresh line for the preview box has just hit the top of the ball when it crashes.

The actions that cause this so far are:
-When I change "Color Texture Use:" in BESM. Click okay and the above happens.
-Copy and Paste an unreal shader plug-in from one surface to another. (Using the latest version of the plug-in)

I already deleted any old configs that I had and reinstalled. Still no help.

toby
06-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Do you have the 'Inkover' option on? That's caused crashes for me

Morbius
06-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Do you have the 'Inkover' option on? That's caused crashes for me

No it's not. I've just been working with the zones tab.

I'm trying out both cel-shading plug-ins (BESM / unreal) to see which can give me the look I want, but the crashing with both has made this a hard endeavor.

toby
06-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Bummer. Delete the plugins and reload them? If you can work without the preview ball, switch it to manual and don't update it?

Morbius
06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Bummer. Delete the plugins and reload them? If you can work without the preview ball, switch it to manual and don't update it?

Tried that. I actually re-installed.

Same with the update setting, but it seems to update anyway whenever you "OK" out of a plug-in dialogue box. At least I couldn't get it to not update.

toby
06-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Maybe an opengl thing? options, or drivers?

Morbius
06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Hmm. Maybe. I haven't updated my display drivers in a while. I should try that.

MUCUS
06-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Have you tried to delete your .cfg files, load the plug, the scene, and see what happened? (it had worked for me when opening spreadsheet editor crashed LW - just be sure to save your menu and hotkey configuration)