PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #42 - My grandma went on vacation

R.Feeney
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Speed Modelling Challenge #42 - My grandma went on vacation and all I got was this stupid... (insert souvenir here)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

1: Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modelling times is essential.
How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.

2: Post a render of your model (min 800x600 pixels) in this thread with a wireframe.

3: LightWave should be used for modelling. 3rd party Plug ins are allowed.

4: You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.

5: Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.

**Please mention whether or not you would be happy to share the model.**

Lightwave Speed Modeling Group (http://www.newtek.com/forums/group.php?groupid=7)

Subject - My grandma went on vacation and all I got was this stupid... (insert souvenir here)

Time Limit - 60 minutes

Deadline - Wednesday 17 June 2200 GMT

Posted for robert_Lavigne who is away at the moment, he will pick the winner when he returns.

Crossfire
06-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Alright, this should be interesting!:thumbsup:

THREEL
06-11-2009, 10:34 AM
This has possibilities! Hope I get a chance to enter this one.

Crossfire
06-11-2009, 11:08 AM
My Grandmother Went on Vacation And All I Got Was This Stupid.......Money Clip...........True Story!

And it didn't even come with money!:D

About 15 mins modeling and 25 for texture and rendering

R.Feeney
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Nice one Crossfire

I`m thinking that its challenge #42 and that might influence what I build.

Crossfire
06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Nice one Crossfire

I`m thinking that its challenge #42 and that might influence what I build.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

How is the number 42 going to influence what you build??

R.Feeney
06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Well 42 is The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Sorry, I`m a bit of a geek. I grew up reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy where 42 plays an important role.

Nangleator
06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Hmm. Towel would be too easy...

R.Feeney
06-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I know where my towel is!

Crossfire
06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Well 42 is The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Sorry, I`m a bit of a geek. I grew up reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy where 42 plays an important role.

I thought you were talking about Hitchhikers's! I didn't want to be the one to come out and say tho! LOL. Don't worry, I think we are all pretty much geeks around here!:D

Hopper
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
I had actually already thought about a cheese sandwich and just assumed no one would get it .. lol .. guess I was wrong. :thumbsup:

R.Feeney
06-11-2009, 06:00 PM
My grandma went on vacation to Betelgeuse and all I got was this guidebook.:thumbsup:
All I wanted was a bowl of petunias or maybe a whale

jameswillmott
06-11-2009, 06:08 PM
How do you model swine flu I wonder...

R.Feeney
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
How do you model swine flu I wonder...

A box of tissues and a glass of lemsip :hey:

Crossfire
06-12-2009, 06:37 AM
My grandma went on vacation to Betelgeuse and all I got was this guidebook.:thumbsup:
All I wanted was a bowl of petunias or maybe a whale

Nice!:thumbsup:LMAO. The sperm whale would have been awesome! I think I might do a Marvin miniature!

oobievision
06-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Heres mine

49 minutes modeling about 20 texturing and lighting

My Grandma went on vacation and ill I got was this stupid keychain

flakester
06-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Lmfao!!

Great stuff so far folks, and a brilliant subject! Good call. :thumbsup:

--
flakester

adamredwoods
06-16-2009, 01:59 AM
All I had time for. about 50 min.

art
06-16-2009, 07:03 AM
I could not see it in the render, but the wire mode made it quite clear :)

robert_Lavigne
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Alright here goes the decision making.

Crossfire- Great looking money clip, nice detailing putting universal studios on there.

R-.Feeney- Gotta love the hitchhiker references, right at my level of geek. Excellent modeling, texturing and render.

Ooblevision- good looking key chain. I have to say I’ve gotten my fair share of these from traveling relatives.

Adamredwoods- what can i say... It’s a sheep humping a sheep. Your grandma must have quite the sense of humor. I really like the sheep bodies, and the little flowers.

Now for this weeks winner, drumroll.... R. Feeney. Nicely done, good job celebrating the 42nd speed modeling contest

R.Feeney
06-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks, I know I should have a speech ready but I don't have the words :D

adamredwoods
06-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Way to go Rfeeney!
Looks like the speed challenges are winding down a little. Maybe we need to up the timelimit and/or stretch it out to two weeks? Change it up a little? Just a thought.

Hopper
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Adamredwoods- what can i say... Itís a sheep humping a sheep. Your grandma must have quite the sense of humor. I really like the sheep bodies, and the little flowers.
Oh god noooo. So those WERE granny panties in the last challenge!!! YOUR granny's panties... Oh man .. you're one sick puppy! :D

robert_Lavigne
06-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Oh god noooo. So those WERE granny panties in the last challenge!!! YOUR granny's panties... Oh man .. you're one sick puppy!

Haha way too funny.

art
06-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Way to go Rfeeney!
Looks like the speed challenges are winding down a little. Maybe we need to up the timelimit and/or stretch it out to two weeks? Change it up a little? Just a thought.

I wonder if it's because people are not interested in participating, lack time and/or skills (I seem to lack both), or are not aware of these challenges.

colkai
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
For me, it is life taking over with some vengance, I shamedly admit, I have't even fired LW up in over a week or two, just too many other things to juggle at the moment.

flakester
06-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I wonder if it's because people are not interested in participating, lack time and/or skills (I seem to lack both), or are not aware of these challenges.

For me, it is life taking over with some vengance, I shamedly admit, I have't even fired LW up in over a week or two, just too many other things to juggle at the moment.

Pretty much the same for me; we've just completed a move, so time has been at a bit of a premium there - but I still feel a big pull for these challenges... just need someone to jemmy another 5 or 6 hours into most days for the time being, and I'll be fine! :D

Oh, and Congrats to R.Feeney! Grand work as always! :thumbsup:

--
flakester

adamredwoods
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh god noooo. So those WERE granny panties in the last challenge!!! YOUR granny's panties... Oh man .. you're one sick puppy! :D

Haha, nope , they were your girlfriend's panties and she was in my pocket, just didn't have time to model her. ;D

Hopper
06-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Haha, nope , they were your girlfriend's panties and she was in my pocket, just didn't have time to model her. ;D
As long as you don't tell the wife, that's totally fine with me. :D

lwaddict
06-23-2009, 07:55 AM
I had actually already thought about a cheese sandwich and just assumed no one would get it .. lol .. guess I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't be an old Sam Kinison fan huh?