PDA

View Full Version : Not having a good day

Elowan
06-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I have both 9.6 and 7.5d installed. But I've been using the older version for so long that I'm hesitant to move to the newer version and my needs are not all that sophisticated. :screwy:

Several questions:

1) My menu tab - Plug-ins - has disappeared for some reason and I am having difficulty restoring same. :stumped: :help:

2) Can I configure 9.6's interface to duplicate (as much as possible) that of 7.5d?

3) Is Rounder (or similar) built-in to 9.6?

AdamAvenali
06-10-2009, 09:20 AM
under the edit menu is an edit menu layout option. see the attached image for your answer to number two. the image is from layout, but the same thing applies for modeler as well (modeler doesnt have a 7.5 style, but does have 7.0). :thumbsup:

Elowan
06-10-2009, 10:03 AM
under the edit menu is an edit menu layout option. see the attached image for your answer to number two. the image is from layout, but the same thing applies for modeler as well (modeler doesnt have a 7.5 style, but does have 7.0). :thumbsup:

Thnx for that. :thumbsup: Now - how do I add a tab to the Menu - namely Plug-ins?

JeffrySG
06-10-2009, 10:50 AM
On the right you can create new groups on the top or side (or bottom) menus. Then you can add plugins or other tools to it as needed to have them available in that new menu. Just highlight the area where you want the new group or buttons to appear.

Elowan
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
On the right you can create new groups on the top or side (or bottom) menus. Then you can add plugins or other tools to it as needed to have them available in that new menu. Just highlight the area where you want the new group or buttons to appear.

Did that but dont seem to have any luck adding plugins to the new list. :help:

I'm feeling like quite the doofus at the moment. :twak:

JeffrySG
06-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I guess there could be something wrong but this is how I do it.

In the MAIN section, under utilities and then under Plugins, I added the few plugins that I wanted a button on the side. Not sure if it will help to see how I've done it.

gerry_g
06-11-2009, 07:10 AM
Perhaps he means how physically do you do it, as in either drag them form the available list on the left to the required group on the right (if you want to nest it drag it up slightly and to the right till a blue bar appears to indicate your intent) or alternately highlight the plugin you want to add by clicking it then highlight the menu sub group you want to add it to (it will also turn white) then choose the 'add' command from the right hand menu in the panel.

Elowan
06-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Thnx troops. I found a backup copy of the plugin menu cfg file on a backup disk and that solved all my problems.

Many thnx all.