PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX with wind and collision dynamics

RTSchramm
06-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Has anyone successfully used FiberFX with wind and collision dynamics and if so what were some of the problems you experienced.

Thanks,

Rich

mav3rick
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
depends are u using ffx inside layout in terms of styling and growing or as modeler strands..... layour generated ffx guides do not follow any of lw dynamics and modeler strands yes... same as worley sasq long hair... this is biggest feature asked in FFX release to make guides inside layout react to all dynamic inside lw

RTSchramm
06-16-2009, 07:00 PM
I was thinking of having wind dynamics blow the guides in one direction; for example I am planning on doing an animation of a woman with long hair riding a motorcycle. I was wondering if this was do able in LW 9.6?

Rich

SAHiN
06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Absolutely YES !!
It can be done within minutes.. I have done similar shots..and got great results.
She can walk, talk bend over jump fight and her hair wil move perfectly strand by strand..
I wouldn't really compare ffx to sasquatch.. That would be comparing Anjelina Jolie with Queen Elisabeth :)

FFX owns.!

RTSchramm
06-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't want to waste time on a process that wasn't do able. Is there any good video demos which demonstrate this? All I've seen so far are short technical demonstrations of hair FX but nothing showing long hair blowing in the wind.

Rich

SAHiN
06-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah.. Newtek creates videos the way it suits them..its little or no help most of the time.
Just create our hair but dont lay it down in modeler. Keep them slightly up.

Bring it to LW and make your head the collision object. Also make sure u have a copy of neck and shoulders of your character parented to your character and unseen by camera etc. Make that shoulder object a collision also. (thats if your hair is long and reaches the shoulders) This way hair wont go through neck or shoulders.

Apply fcloth fx to your hair. Usually the thin fabric works. Play with settings till u get what u want..

You can add wind to your scene and play with the settings till u get the effect u want..

One thing many ppl miss is, Hair is a multi layered volume object. if you create only one layer of hair, when the wind blows hair will go back and your girl will look like a bald punk with very long hair on top of her head :D

I dono if that helps..try it