PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave resellers in America

Captain Obvious
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi! Could anyone recommend me a Lightwave reseller in America, preferably one that ships internationally? I need to get an upgrade to my old LW8 license, but an upgrade at NewTek Europe is in excess of $800, which is quite frankly outrageously expensive. I figured I'd buy it straight off NewTek's online store, but that only works from inside the US.

Is there any reseller I can turn to?

AbnRanger
06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Kurv Studios is a reseller of LW

Captain Obvious
06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Kurv Studios is a reseller of LW
Their web site is giving me a "fatal error" :(

Tranimatronic
06-08-2009, 05:01 PM
it always really bugged me that it cost more in Europe to upgrade.
Currently the europe store is $200+ over what the US one is. I suppose they cant keep up with exchange rates.

My solution was to move to Canada. :)

If you need a mailing address pm me - ill forward it on to you.
Trevor

johncmurphy
06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I got my copy of Lightwave from B+H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=0&shs=lightwave+9&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=jsp%2Fproductlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=17&Go.y=7&Go=submit

Captain Obvious
06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
I got my copy of Lightwave from B+H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=0&shs=lightwave+9&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=jsp%2Fproductlist.jsp&A=search&Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=17&Go.y=7&Go=submit
Any chance of a second opinion on these guys? They do ship to the UK...

JeffrySG
06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Any chance of a second opinion on these guys? They do ship to the UK...

I've never had anything shipped from B&H but they are a top quality shop in NYC. It's a great place to go visit if you're ever in NYC too btw. I've purchased a bunch of photo equipment and some computer stuff but it's always been at the store. You could give them a call to see if they ship international - I would guess they do. They are closed on Saturdays, just fyi.

Here's some info:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/Shipping.jsp

International Customers
We ship to:

* Your home address
* Any US address
* We do not ship to your place of business, hotels, motels, or resorts.
* We do not ship to Iran, Sudan, Cuba, Syria, or North Korea.
* For shipments to Russia, the maximum order value (including shipping charges) is 5000 Roubles per shipment. For Moscow, Nizhniy Novgorod, Krasnodar, Stavropol, St. Petersburg, and Vladivostok the maximum order value (including shipping charges) is 50,000 Roubles per shipment.
* Oversized items that donít fit Parcel Services standards will be shipped via Bax Global-Schenker Logistics via Door-to-Airport or Door-to-Door service, depending on your location. The carrier will call you to inform you of your delivery method.

* We reserve the right to block certain products from being shipped outside of the US, based on manufacturer restrictions.

* P.O. Boxes can only be delivered to via the US Postal Service.
* You can save and edit your shipping and billing address in the My Account section.

biliousfrog
06-09-2009, 03:30 AM
I've never understood upgrades being different prices in different countries, especially downloads, Even PMG charges a single price for their hard copies which are shipped all over the world!

Adobe's the worst for that, their download prices vary by hundreds of dollars depending on where you live despite being exactly the same product from exactly the same server. They used to blame it on the additional language versions and import duty and taxes but all of the English language versions use US English and downloads negate the import taxes...complete rip-off.