PDA

View Full Version : Sliders?

DrStrik9
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Morph Mixer works ok, and I'd really like to add sliders, but when I do, the labels and the keys disappear, making the sliders functionally useless. (9.6 UB)

It's been awhile since I did this. Is there a better way now?

Thanks

Stunt Pixels
06-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm being thick, but I'm confused by the question. Are you trying to add sliders like these:

http://swoon.com.au/images/slider.jpg

Or do you mean sliders in Morph Mixer?

DrStrik9
06-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Sorry, maybe I'm being thick, but I'm confused by the question. Are you trying to add sliders like these:

http://swoon.com.au/images/slider.jpg

Or do you mean sliders in Morph Mixer?

Yes, like those, for the endomorphs also addressed by morph mixer (basically replacing the morph mixer interface). Yours show up fine; mine show up without the labels for each slider, and without the other little arrows.

So without decent sliders, I'm stuck with the Morph Mixer interface.

Bug? Or something else I'm missing?

Stunt Pixels
06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Just a thought, but is the slider expanded? The rightmost arrow should be pointing down.

Here's a little test scene for you to try. Maybe it will help figure out what's going on. There's a single object with 3 morphs. Morph Mixer is applied with keys, and a slider added to it, referencing the Morph Mixer channels. Works fine here, so see what happens at the end.

Oh hang on, had another thought. Have you gone into the sliders plugin interface, and added the MM channels? Maybe you're just looking at a slider with nothing added to it?

DrStrik9
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
It really helps to have someone thinking this through with me. THANKS. :-)

I thought I had figured out what's happening. I set up all my sliders and they looked fine. Then as I went in and changed their minimum and maximum ranges, the titles disappeared one by one ... but not always ... I thought maybe I was doing it myself somehow without realizing it. (This interface feels a bit crude to me.) So when they did go away, I just retyped them in.

But after playing around with animation for awhile, upon saving the scene, ALL the slider titles disappeared all at once. (see attachment) -- Upon opening the Sliders interface, I can see that all the titles are still there ... they just aren't showing up on my screen.

Bug? Something wrong with my scene file? This is an older model, built originally in LW 8, but reprocessed and re-saved in 9.6.

DrStrik9
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Oops, forgot the screen shot.

Stunt Pixels
06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Bug? Something wrong with my scene file? This is an older model, built originally in LW 8, but reprocessed and re-saved in 9.6.
Weird. Your setup looks totally fine to me....

I've never had that many sliders on a single object, so I'm wondering whether that has something to do with it. Definitely looks like a bug to me. I can't imagine it would have anything to do with which version of LW the model was built in... I'd submit the bug, and in the meantime, maybe try breaking the sliders over a couple of objects and see if that helps.

Good luck with it!

safetyman
06-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Looks like an OpenGL problem. Are your video card drivers up to date? Not sure how that works on a Mac.

DrStrik9
06-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Looks like an OpenGL problem. Are your video card drivers up to date? Not sure how that works on a Mac.

Yup, latest drivers. What makes you suspect it's OGL?

safetyman
06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the sliders are driven by OGL in the viewport, rather than as a regular dialog-type box.

DrStrik9
06-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I have no understanding of OGL; I just know OS X is up to date.

Although I'd like to use the sliders, I can't because the labels disappear. But using the Morph Mixer interface works too, although not quite as elegantly.

DAMAKERS
06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
A friend had that problem, but in his case the slide buttons had disappear, and its about open GL, try to turn off transparency in the Preferences/Open GL window of LW, and see if labels shows, some graphics cards makes weird thins to softwares hehehehe.

if not, at least, did a try :D

DrStrik9
06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks for that idea!

I'll try it as soon as rendering is done ... in about 6 months. ;-)

DrStrik9
06-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Noob at work: (DAMAKERS: I turned off the OGL transparency but it didn't help...)

I sent in a bug report on general principles earlier, and now NewTek wants content, which I am happy to supply.

But upon opening this scene file, I can see all the sliders (and their titles!), but I can't make them SLIDE ... is there some way to "open" the sliders or something I've forgotten? I can't find anything about "slider activation" or anything similar in the LW docs ...

Thanks for any help here ...

RebelHill
06-22-2009, 03:27 PM
its just buggy... the sliders tool activates automatically (most of the time) when u select the sliders applied null... but sometimes wont slide, adn the bug seems to have something to do with the previous tool state...

if u select some other object, and switch to translate/rotate/scale, then select the slider bank again... boom, u can slide.

DrStrik9
06-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks, RebelHill.

I can't find any sliders-applied null in the scene (maybe that's the problem here?), and selecting any other object then size, rot, position, and going back to the object with the sliders applied still doesn't allow me to slide any of the sliders. I also quit Layout, rebooted the computer, with no improvement.

I guess I'll just zip everything up and send it in as is ...

DAMAKERS
06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
well .. am sry that my comment didnt help, but in the image reference u show, i see the sliders fine.

Just being curious, do u press (ctrl+d) to activate the sliders windows?
the sliders plugin is attached at the object or its in a null or some object else?
once u press (ctrl+d), u get on the sliders of the object selected, but if u
activate another modificator, like move, rotate, etc.. the sliders windows gets inactive, till u press (ctrl+d) again.

see if any of this helps.

Chuck
06-23-2009, 10:19 AM
its just buggy... the sliders tool activates automatically (most of the time) when u select the sliders applied null... but sometimes wont slide, adn the bug seems to have something to do with the previous tool state...

if u select some other object, and switch to translate/rotate/scale, then select the slider bank again... boom, u can slide.

Got a report in in this? If so, let me know the number, if not, please submit one and we'll get a look at the sliders behaviors.

Thanks!

DrStrik9
06-27-2009, 04:40 AM
Thanks, Chuck.

I did send a report in earlier, and after receiving a request for content and sending it in, I CAN'T REPRODUCE THE BUG. lol

I haven't had time yet to strip out all the sliders and re-set them up, which is when the bug occurred originally ... but I will asap, to hopefully send in a more precise step-by-step for reproducing it.

Case #23382.

Best,
Michael