PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave crashing

skywalker113
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
When I am in modeler, lightwave will randomly crash. Usually its no problem because I just go to save incremental, reopen modeler and resume work. But recently its not letting me do that. I go to the file tab, click on it, and it wont respond. I need to restart my work all over again.

This is a major issue, can anyone help?

Hopper
06-07-2009, 08:02 PM
A version might help. Have 9.6 etc?? Does it happen in just one version or all versions? Which OS? Which video card/driver?

I think you get the point. Without details, it's kind of like walking up to a mechanic without your car and asking "What's wrong with my car? Can you fix it?"

Sensei
06-08-2009, 01:58 AM
I would start from deleting config files. Especially if you have upgraded from older LW or even keep older on disk (in such case using -c parameter in short-cut is a MUST! Otherwise config files are trashed each time you run older LW)..

skywalker113
06-08-2009, 05:14 PM
I have 9.6. I upgraded from 9.2. My computer is a windows 64 bit. Maybe I need to delete all 9.2 files. At one point I had 9.2 and 9.6 both installed.

Hopper
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I have 9.6. I upgraded from 9.2. My computer is a windows 64 bit. Maybe I need to delete all 9.2 files. At one point I had 9.2 and 9.6 both installed.
Sensei's suggestion is the best start. If you have both installed and are not using custom config locations, they are probably stepping all over each other. If you want both installed, use the -c option for one installation and seperate your config files.

Hope that helps a bit.