PDA

View Full Version : Hub under UB?

DrStrik9
06-06-2009, 08:45 AM
So far with 9.6, I've been using the Hub. But recently I've had a group of hangs and sudden quits in both Layout and Modeler. So I was wondering if people running Universal Binary Lightwave are still turning the Hub off?

Thanks

JeffrySG
06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I've been using the HUB since 9.6 came out with out any issues.

Kuzey
06-07-2009, 06:50 AM
1/ There have been issues with Modeler crashing in the background, when editing an object in Layout or switching back and forth.

2/ Syncing doesn't work 100% of the time, edit a surface name in Modeler and then switch to Layout...you see the original name along with the newly edited name. Same thing if you go the other way. Funny enough the app that you edited the name in keeps track of the changes just fine, it's the syncing app that has the problem.

3/ Load a scene in Layout and click the Modeler button and when the object loads, the Modeler interface freezes or doesn't update when it should.

4/ when editing names etc. in Layout and you switch to Modeler and want to revert the model from there, Modeler says it has been reverted but they haven't visually changed. You have to close the object and reload it to get the original model back.

These things happen when using old pre 9.6 files/scenes in 9.6. I haven't noticed anything that drastic with new files created in 9.6 so far. The lw file formats in 9.6 have been optimized/changed and I'm thinking that's the most likely culprit.

So if you are using old files and what not...then keep an eye out for any of the above :hey:

Kuzey

toby
06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
So far with 9.6, I've been using the Hub. But recently I've had a group of hangs and sudden quits in both Layout and Modeler. So I was wondering if people running Universal Binary Lightwave are still turning the Hub off?

I have those symptoms without the hub. If Modeler has had more than a box loaded, it WILL crash on exit, and Layout quits if I exit a render during subpatch calculation. Layout stalls when a render is done, if a subpatch object has been unchecked in the scene editor. Lots of little things like that.

DrStrik9
06-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I have those symptoms without the hub.

Well, I turned the Hub off and it's been "smoother" sailing since. :-)

toby
06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Xlnt.
And it doesn't surprise me, it's been problematic since the beginning, on both platforms. It's worse for me because of the slow machine I have.