PDA

View Full Version : ACS4 or the Setup Machine ??

Hervé
02-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Hello, all Lw's, well I need your vote for something I've been looking for.... but which is the best

ACS4........$99
The Set up machine ....$199

well well well.....

hrgiger
02-26-2003, 10:25 AM
I posted to another thread about this earlier. I already own ACS4 and I love it. It's just as easy as they say it is and you really can have a character ready to animate in 10 minutes. I haven't tried the setup machine however I did download one of the rigs and it doesn't appear as intuitive. I'm sure it's fine once you get used to it but since I already bought ACS4, there's no reason to now. Raf Anzovin who made the setup machine is a nice guy and he knows what he's doing so I think you can trust in whomever you decided to buy from. One of the reasons too that I like ACS4 is that I am a fan of Lucasz's work so I can see the potential in the rigs.

Hope that's helpful Herve.

SplineGod
02-27-2003, 03:06 PM
OR....
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46039
:)

Skonk
02-27-2003, 03:49 PM
Were all those hints u were posting in there for real or are u playin a prank on us :)

James..

SplineGod
02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
No pranks. :)

Hervé
02-28-2003, 12:58 AM
All those news are terrible, but confused me even more, thanks Larry anyway.... I was not allowed to view your attachments, but it sounded interesting.... I dont have any ideas about why and how you would split the bones, I have attempt to rig a character one day, but even though I had a good book, that was a nightmare and a catastrophy, did not work at all , took me a long time to end up with about nothing.... nothing... I think I'll buy Poser (like apparently Lots of LW'ers), so all that will be simple, and in fact I really dont need much more.... too bad the models of poser look like s...., but I'll deal with it....

Thanks everybody for voting... but I finally decided to buy....nothing...

Later, Hervé:cool:

SplineGod
02-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Why cant you view the attachments?

Hervé
02-28-2003, 02:07 AM
when Iclick on one it says I'm not allowed to, even though I am registered.....

post them back here.....

Let's talk straight.... how much woul I have to give you just to know the really basic.... like just posing characters in a scene.....

I mean I do mostly previz, so for me animating is not so imoprtant... just posing...

Later, Hervé

Like you said, lesssss pennies.....

Hervé
02-28-2003, 02:10 AM
I remember that cool fast song called

"California über alles !!"

but I cant recall the name of the band, somewhere in the 80's

cresshead
02-28-2003, 06:45 AM
drat..i can't see any attatchments either!!!!...no idea what all the fuss is about...can't even register as it comes up with server busy..how about posting somewhere where there's enough bandwidth and no hoops to jump thru

please!

steve g

Hervé
02-28-2003, 08:59 AM
yes, please, we want to learn, and apparently, that is what we need, dont leave us like dead fishes on the sidewalk, I have afew green bills in my pocket that want to jump in yours so bad....
;) ;)

Come on Larry, let's close some deal....

e-mail me if you want.

meatycheesyboy
02-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Herve,
California über alles is by The Dead Kennedys. Sorry for straying off topic.

Dodgy
02-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Well I can heartily recommend ACS4, if only because you can use your own setups with it and the smartgon editor, you're not limited to one particular rig...

hrgiger
02-28-2003, 09:46 PM
Herve,

I don't know exactly what the plug-in is going to be like that Larry is talking about but from what I gather, they are tools that will make rigging in LW easier. But from what I understand, they're not a replacement for ACS4 or TSM which has a prebuilt rig complete with IK, nulls, goals, expressions, holder bones, etc... that is ready to pose.
So, in other words, with the new plug-in, you'll still have to setup all your bones whereas ACS4 you have a complete rig that you just adjust the bones in modeler to fit your model, switch to Layout, convert, and it's ready to pose.
Correct me if any of that's wrong Larry.

Hervé
03-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Hello Dodgy and Hrgiger, OK then I'll buy ACS4, I mean right away.... cheers,at least I know now I won,t make any mistake, but in Fact I could not go wrong for $99.....

Cheers, Later
Hervé

SplineGod
03-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Steve is correct. This first pack of tools (Orthopedic) from Irrational will give layout basic bone functionality similar to skelegons. This will be available in a couple of weeks or so for about $65.00USD.
They are currently developing more powerful and sophisticated character tools that will be released as a 2nd Pack of tools.
There will be another release and so forth. Some very powerful tools are in the works.. :)
The nice thing is none of these will break your piggy bank. :)

Hervé
03-01-2003, 12:46 AM
NO answer, fine

rabid pitbull
03-01-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hervé
Hello Dodgy and Hrgiger, OK then I'll buy ACS4, I mean right away.... cheers,at least I know now I won,t make any mistake, but in Fact I could not go wrong for $99.....

Cheers, Later
Hervé

no you wont regret it, and it includes future updates for free. and it is only $90 :D

it is the best plugin i have ever used completely simplifies the process and makes rigs easily reusible!! plus watching it build the rig for the first time is a jaw dropping experience!!:eek:

Dodgy
03-02-2003, 04:22 AM
LOL Sorry Herve, I don't visit these boards as often as I should. Good choice to go with the ACS4, as I say, with it you can do your own setups, and Pazur promises 4 legged setups as well as his others, so all kinds of things can be done with it.

Looking forward to orthopedics SG :)

Hervé
03-02-2003, 06:50 AM
Cool Thanks for sharing...

I've downloaded the 4b upgrade, but after unzipping, all I get is some converter.lsc, Ctrl_Select.lsc.....

What do I do with those scripts, coz they are no ?

Later

Skonk
03-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Put them in your ACS4 dir and overwrite the old ones.

James..

Hervé
03-03-2003, 02:40 AM
OK, Thanks a lot..!

Later