PDA

View Full Version : Hotkeying 2 commands to one button

skywalker113
06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
I want to hotkey 2 commands in one key. The tool drop command and the deselect all command. Is there a way to do that?

toby
06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Not in Modeler, unless you learn to write lscripts.

Hopper
06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Open LScript Commander window, perform the functions you wish to record, then turn it into an LScript.

skywalker113
06-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I am starting a small lightwave class for people who are brand new in 3d animation. I dont want them to get confused between the deselect all command and drop tool command. If anyone can show me how to write a script for this or provide one, I would really appreshiate it.

JeffrySG
06-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I just use the Enter key to drop the current tool and use the standard key for deselect all. Why not go with that? It will work on any machine they are using then with out a script.

UnCommonGrafx
06-07-2009, 06:36 PM
You would be confusing them by not letting them experience the lesson. Programming around your confusion about their presumed to be confusion does not make for a good approach.

Seriously, why not just teach what's default?

I am starting a small lightwave class for people who are brand new in 3d animation. I dont want them to get confused between the deselect all command and drop tool command. If anyone can show me how to write a script for this or provide one, I would really appreshiate it.