PDA

View Full Version : VT[4] is crashing every time I boot it. Help!

The TuneHead
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I've been using VT[4] on my computer for several years now, and have very rarely had any problems. Every once in a while, if I've been working for a few hours at a time, it'll crash on me, but normally it doesn't happen much.

However, today, EVERY TIME I've booted VT[4], it has crashed on me. I've tried rebooting the PC, but to no avail.

Here's my info:

VT[4] 6016
Product ID = 4AAJ-HRFLKXJAA
Registration Key = JWPERX

I'm running this on a PC that also has SpeedEdit v1.5.5, Sorenson Squeeze, and Adobe products After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Soundbooth, LiveCycle Designer, Extension Manager, and Bridge. I do NOT have Premier or Premier Pro installed on this system, as I have heard there have been conflict issues with Premier and NewTek products on the same machine. Could anything else be conflicting?

I REALLY need this to work because as of right now, VT[4] is the only program through which I can capture audio and video from component sources. I'm not knowledgeable about firewire, so I don't even know if this machine has firewire hardware installed.

Please help! Thanks.

Zach Lorton
Production Director
New Testament Fellowship Church
www.STLChurch.com
www.youtube.com/TheTuneHead

SBowie
06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Have you reset the VT configs?

Quiet1onTheSet
06-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi, Zach -Since you've been operating your system successfully for over 2 years now, I can't help but wonder if you've been performing housekeeping chores on your drives, and even on the VT card, from time to time, to help ensure that your system operation is optimal.

You might begin with the assumption that your VT card may be in need of being unseated from its slot, its gold contacts carefully cleaned, then the card reseated back into your host PC. While you're inside there, you might carefully clean the system of dust that likely has accumulated inside. (All this should be done with necessary precautions put in place, to insure that you don't go inside the machine with static build-up on you. Discharge your body first, by handling the metal case, while still connected to AC power, then unplug the power cable before you begin work inside).

Then, you might consider the possibility of some aspect of the VT software having been corrupted, hence, the value of Steve's suggestion that you might try effecting the "Reset Configuration" utility that's in the VT folder.

But, you might also consider the possibility that a disk volume (e.g., the partition on which VT[4] resides) might be in an "unhealthy" state. Could it be that a long time has transpired, since critical disk volumes were defragmented?

Out of curiousity, you might go into
Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management

While in Disk Management, wait a moment, for the local disk diagram to build. Once it does, check there, to see if any disk volumes are marked "Unhealthy".

If so, you might want to take measures to back up the offending volume elsewhere, then reformat. Then reinstall the data, but you'd likely be better off with a fresh reinstall VT[4] onto a freshly formatted disk volume.

Blaine Holm
06-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Try the reset configs, that will usually solve this type of crash.