PDA

View Full Version : Easier way to save Stream settings

joseburgos
06-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Zane's video tutorial shows how to create a text file with the Flash Stream settings and this works great if you only stream to one server like UStream. But what if you have more than one UStream account or you stream to other servers like LiveStream (Was Mogulus) or any other?
Exiting out of TC and copy a part of the text and then launching TC again and pasting text and then exiting TC again, etc, etc......Ahhhhhhh

No I found an easier way :)
Make you text files using notepad and save them appropriately. I have one for LiveStream and one for UStream. Exit Notepad and launch TC. Go into Edit Text and load one of the text file. You can leave the default alignment settings and hit Ok to bring it into Text Edit.
Now save this as a Title Template. Select new and do the same for the other txt file.
Now goto the live tab and then the txt tab and add the new templates. Double click to activate it in the template edit window. Select one of the lines which automatically select the whole line of text. Hold down CTRL+C to copy the text. Now goto the stream tab and click on the field you want the text to go and CTRL+V to paste it. Now back to the text tab and select the other line of text and do the same thing and paste it into the other field.
10000 times faster than exiting TC and then launching TC just to copy and paste text :)

Take care,

ted
06-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Well done Jose!

rally1
06-04-2009, 10:55 PM
good idea

Koinonia
06-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Good solution!

Paul Lara
06-05-2009, 08:23 AM
10000 times faster than exiting TC and then launching TC just to copy and paste text :)

Woot!

I've added this to the TriCaster streaming FAQ. Thanks for sharing your ingenuity with the community, Jose.

-Paul