PDA

View Full Version : How to incorporate shadow

waly
06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi There,

I was playing around and I decided to incorporate an 3D object to an image that i took from google image search, everything went good until the shadow incorporation trouble. I can do it on photoshop surely but is there any way of doing it on lightwave.

For the record what I did is loaded up the image as a background image an rendered it. Than i put an box under the book to receive the shadow of the book, is there any way to render only the shadow excluding the box surface.

thanks Valmiri.

Sekhar
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
The easiest way is: for the shadow catching surface, open surface editor and under the advanced tab, choose shadow density for the alpha channel. Then you can use the alpha map from the render for extracting the shadow to composite.

waly
06-05-2009, 06:45 AM
The easiest way is: for the shadow catching surface, open surface editor and under the advanced tab, choose shadow density for the alpha channel. Then you can use the alpha map from the render for extracting the shadow to composite.

thanks sekhar, I will try as soon as i have some spare time.

JeffrySG
06-05-2009, 08:34 AM
William did a video tutorial on this exact topic

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/Comp.mov

AdamAvenali
06-05-2009, 09:53 AM
William did a video tutorial on this exact topic

haha i just rewatched this one. i love the part where he says "i say one because i have way too many toys" haha

borkus
06-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Forgive my ignorance on how some of this stuff works. But why does it seem like some of Proton's videos load instantly and others I just make something to eat, take a shower, talk with the mrs for a bit, and come back to play a little solitaire until I hear his voice come over the speakers? I got around this by downloading most of what I could find. But, it always made me wonder because it seems like they are all loaded on the same server. I may be and probably am wrong. Just always made me wonder why some take forever to load. Probably my ignorance in how Quicktime works...

Sekhar
06-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Forgive my ignorance on how some of this stuff works. But why does it seem like some of Proton's videos load instantly and others I just make something to eat, take a shower, talk with the mrs for a bit, and come back to play a little solitaire until I hear his voice come over the speakers? I got around this by downloading most of what I could find. But, it always made me wonder because it seems like they are all loaded on the same server. I may be and probably am wrong. Just always made me wonder why some take forever to load. Probably my ignorance in how Quicktime works...

I've always had trouble watching the videos directly by clicking, but never had a problem downloading and playing locally. I'd download and watch.

Silkrooster
06-09-2009, 10:06 PM
It makes a difference which browser you are using as well. IE can display an error when clicking on a quicktime move that is hosted at a different URL, where as Firefox seams ok.
But when in doubt right clicking as saving to your system will work.