PDA

View Full Version : 2 program outs for broadcast.

luis.ayuso
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
the broadcast already has a configuration menu to select the output for component and YC, but i want to be able to send program out from the tricaster on both outputs, we are limited in space and i have no use for a preview channel. so utilizing a second program out to a DVD recorder would help as i send out in YC. all that would have to e done is add the program out to the onfiguration menu and voila!

rally1
06-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Use a component splitter/converter.

Quiet1onTheSet
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Look around. You might find a decent quality video distribution amplifier, that permits you to input Component video, and in turn allows simultaneous output of Component, YC (and perhaps even composite).

bob anderson
06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I agree with luis.ayuso. I have a mixture of composite, component, Y/c and sdi in our studio, and being able to output Y/c and composite at the same time was something I ALWAYS did. I posted quite a while ago that I'd like the option to turn the preview out ( on the Broadcast) into a second program.

Bob Anderson

luis.ayuso
06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
its just convenient not to have to buy something and have the tricaster be able to do it. im actually quite suprised they didn't think of it. i mean yes preview is a nice feature, but its not a necessity unless your tricaster is part of a mobile production truck with a large.. TRUE multiviewer. or part of a large church with money to spend on a few lcd's... (not mine)

seeing as it sends YC and Composite at the same time, composite is for in house and YC is for recording, and i have two recorders (until the tricaster gets manual archive control!!! THEN it would be one)

dropping another of my 2 cents

SBowie
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, it's not a bad idea, I don't think - but I'd have to say that there were a lot more requests for Preview Out than simply 'more outputs' ... in fact I don't recall ever seeing the latter, but then I'm kind of forgetful. :)

ted
06-06-2009, 11:17 AM
We need Preview out about the same amount of time we need another program out. So it's 50-50 for us. At least a DA is an option for more Program outputs. Preview can't be faked. :hey:

luis.ayuso
06-09-2009, 10:06 PM
We need Preview out about the same amount of time we need another program out. So it's 50-50 for us. At least a DA is an option for more Program outputs. Preview can't be faked. :hey:

true, but every gig is never the same and your not always going to need it, and having the option would be real nice.

bbailey
07-02-2009, 05:29 PM
The "Preview Out" is really handy especially when you need the FX row to be output for, say, feeding a camera to a slo-mo deck without affecting the program out.

I'm not sure it's possible, but I think it could be cool to be able to software select the component outs to be three composite outs or three SDI outs, or at least be able to assign the "Y" out as "Y"/"Composite"/"SDI". I'm having to use a video distribution amp at the stadium in order to feed program to my backup tape deck, send a program feed to my announcers, send a feed to the jumbotron and of course record in the TCB to boot. I could definitely use more than one Program out.