PDA

View Full Version : there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into driv\Device\harddisk3\DR3

halley
06-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Has any one gotten this error –
I’m running a new windows vista 64 bit machine.

“there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into driv\Device\harddisk3\DR3”

I only happens when I try to open up a lightwave scene and have not had any problems with other applications. When this happens I have to hit continue a couple of dozen times to get it to load.

I have searched the web and Microsoft for relevant posts and have had no luck. I have made sure my C: drive is labeled correctly and I have no removable drives in the computer at present.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

stevmjon
06-03-2009, 09:50 PM
to halley

check the general settings in lightwave layout, and see if find path is set to 'auto' or not.

i am not in front of lighwave at the moment, but all paths for files can be manually set or automatic. i sometimes have problems of images not being found.

hope this helps stevmjon

halley
06-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Good Morning
It worked. Thanks it was driving me Bat Sh**.

halley
06-03-2009, 10:34 PM
I spoke to soon. It works when I load a scene, but when I go to the render globals - global Illumination tab it acts up again like a crazy person but only when Enable Radiosity is checked. Strange…

BeeVee
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Because your radiosity cache is set to this phantom directory? Use Export Scene to put the scene that you know exists.

B

halley
06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
That was the missing peace of the puzzle.
Thanks

I got to say it's cool getting help from all over the globe. NewTek Making the world smaller one post at a time.