PDA

View Full Version : ATI 3650 AGP - Modeler view artifacts problem

Wolvy_UK
06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi guys,

I just got a ATI 3650 AGP card because the fan stopped working on my other one and I got this to tide me over until I build a new computer later this year.

I' m having problems with the drivers though. I downloaded and installed hotfix 9.4 and my 3d apps won' t even load until I disable direct3d acceleration. My other apps seem to work ok without the Direct3D acceleration, but Lightwave is the only one so far giving these strange viewport errors. I' m going to try lots of different drivers tonight, but if I can' t fix it the cards going back.

Anyone with ATI cards seen this or got a solution ? It gets better the more I zoom in, and it looks like wavey patterns.

joelaff
06-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I find ATI worthless for LW, and most other things... The drivers are just too buggy.

Wolvy_UK
06-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I gave it a few days of drivers but could' nt fix the ati problem.

I found an old AGP card and plugged the fan of that into my 6800 GT and found it worked, so today I went out and got an Akasa vortex fan for it and after a bit of modification getting the ram heatsinks to fit, I powered up, windows found the drivers straight away ( Unlike the ATI...), and now everything is working great and the GT is now a few degrees cooler too.

The fan only cost me 10 brand new. Looks like I' ll have to uprade sooner than I wanted, because good AGP cards are getting hard to find. Most stores only seem to stock Nvidia 6200 or Radeon 3650. There' s always Ebay, but I never trust people on there.