06-02-2009, 06:22 AM
http://www.wtools3d.com/newsletter/index.php

:lwicon: :thumbsup:

3DGFXStudios
06-02-2009, 07:05 AM
awesome!!! :D

Matt
06-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah just got that, very interesting on the nurbs, wonder if it will allow importing of IGES files and nice, intelligent, clean quad-based meshing (the holy grail).

That would rock!

vbk!!!
06-02-2009, 08:31 AM
really nice
but i wonder how it could be import in the Layout ...

jay3d
06-02-2009, 08:34 AM
really nice
but i wonder how it could be import in the Layout ...

Custom polygon handler will evaluate in layout too, the same way it evaluates SubPatches, and controllable by subdivision order too.

dnch
06-02-2009, 09:19 AM
jitter, random select, rail clone, mass offset, pipe, thankx, gread additions

Nicolas Jordan
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Very nice features! I am kinda confused by the coupon thing though. Sounds like I get a coupon when I buy LWCAD or upgrade to use it to get a discount on Larrys training, or is it the other way around?

Larry_g1s
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM
The nurbs demo is slick. I'm already a HC member and very much looking forward to CORE, but stuff like this, some of the tutorials coming out like from RebelHill, etc. just really shows what a great app we have in v9.6 and the longevity of it. Viktor has done an amazing job with this v3 of LWCAD.

Very nice features! I am kinda confused by the coupon thing though. Sounds like I get a coupon when I buy LWCAD or upgrade to use it to get a discount on Larrys training, or is it the other way around?EDIT: Just talked with Viktor, and actually we're going to change it. Basically you'll use that coupon on the purchase of the training. So if the training is $65 and you purchased an upgrade (discount coupon = $30), then it'll be $35 for the training. if the training is $65 and you purchased a new lic. (discount coupon = $50) the training will then be $15. Hope that makes sense.

vbk!!!
06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
good enough Jay3d !
do you think it will be possible to animate the controler ( even with morph) ?

Nemoid
06-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Really awesome preview !!!! :agree:

IMHO Newtek should actually hire Viktor and integrate the tools as native in Lw CORE

Lewis
06-02-2009, 11:22 AM
IF this NURBS for LWCAD 4 is "Real" Nurbs and I can work all kind of shapes/fillets/drill holes..... nice and fast then I'll upgrade my LWCAD for sure :).

Nonetheless this 3.1 upgrade looks great also, way to go Viktor :).

adamredwoods
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Wow. That nurbs tool looks hot. Why not sell it as a separate product?

Trulsi
06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
If random surfacing is done in the right way it will be extremely useful! I was actually trying to learn how to do it with plugin programming just to make a plugin for it myself.

Just think about what you can do with bricks and windows and all sorts of panels...

jay3d
06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
good enough Jay3d !
do you think it will be possible to animate the controler ( even with morph) ?

Most likely because when u set subdiv. order to last, the deformations focus will be on the controls points of the NURBS (which is custom poly handler), but i'm not sure about the endomorph thing.

Cageman
06-02-2009, 01:10 PM
That NURBS-implementation looks really nice... it's actually quite insane if it is also going to be supported inside Layout for rendering... Could that be one of the biggest revolutions to date... true NURBS in LW?

:)

Lewis
06-02-2009, 01:11 PM
yeah no more "metaNURBS" now it's time for "RealNURBS" :).

jay3d
06-02-2009, 01:15 PM
That NURBS-implementation looks really nice... it's actually quite insane if it is also going to be supported inside Layout for rendering... Could that be one of the biggest revolutions to date... true NURBS in LW?

:)

Well that functionality in the SDK was there since v 9.0, but waiting for someone to take advantage of it, like TrueArt, WTools .. etc.

and this gizmo thing (introduced in 9.3-9.3.1) is so powerful that u can actually build custom transformation tools in layout, even sculpting tools :)
the only plugin that take advantage of that now is FiberFX with it's brushing tools.

jay3d
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Imagine now some real solid modeling tools in modeler, which is perfectly possible with the current SDK functionality :D

Nicolas Jordan
06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
EDIT: Just talked with Viktor, and actually we're going to change it. Basically you'll use that coupon on the purchase of the training. So if the training is $65 and you purchased an upgrade (discount coupon = $30), then it'll be $35 for the training. if the training is $65 and you purchased a new lic. (discount coupon = $50) the training will then be $15. Hope that makes sense.

Ya, that makes sense now, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Snosrap
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah it's amazing LW Modeler can do this stuff - love the real-time booleans!

Matt
06-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Yeah it's amazing LW Modeler can do this stuff - love the real-time booleans!

Well, it's LWCAD doing the work, Modeler is just the framework it sits in.

Snosrap
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Well, it's LWCAD doing the work, Modeler is just the framework it sits in.

Yes I realize that, but the capabilities for LWCad to do its thing come from Modeler. LWCad is just talking to and directing Modeler, so for instance there should be no reason for NT not to be able to upgrade booleans to real-time, but now with Core that won't happen.

jin choung
06-06-2009, 01:00 AM
seriously,

there are TREMENDOUS advantages of working with nurbs where you want to slice and dice smooth curves on smooth surfaces and then join them up to other smooth surfaces without creating billions of polys to do it!

seriously, if lwcad will allow blending and trimming, combined with the familiarity and ease of use of modeler, that upgrade is as good as SOLD!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! this is sooooo slick.

on the other hand, if it is nurbs surfaces WITHOUT blending and trimming, i will be devastated because it will be of no use to me.

but viktor has not done wrong yet. so i have hope and i have faith! ROCK ON VIKTOR!!!

jin

Silkrooster
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
This will really rock if he can convert to and from polygons.

jin choung
06-06-2009, 09:59 PM
well i'm almost certain it will allow conversion TO polys... the conversion FROM polys though i can accept that as merely being a luxury and i would be fine personally without it.

jin

Silkrooster
06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I am wondering how complex that would be for him. He already figured out how to convert to and from splines. He may have most of the code already done. (guessing)

grn
06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Really awesome preview !!!! :agree:

IMHO Newtek should actually hire Viktor and integrate the tools as native in Lw CORE

Oh yes ! CORE would definitely look more attractive then.

prometheus
06-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Ahh.. at last real time nurbs surfaces, been asking and waiting for that.
Im just a little bit more confused thou about getting modo or lw-cad first, I havent got any information yet, if there will be true nurbs in modo in a near future.

Michael