PDA

View Full Version : Nice work William Vaughan!

RTSchramm
06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I just saw the movie "Up" and it was preceded by an animated short called "Partly Cloudy". William Vaughan's name was in the credits as one of the modelers in the "Partly Clouldy" animated short. That was a pleasant surprise.

Great work William!

Rich

Crossfire
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I would have to agree!!!! Very Nice!:dito:

Andyjaggy
06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I loved that short. Pixar is going to be the one to bring back silent movies. Brilliant stuff.

JeffrySG
06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Congrats William!

I can't wait to see "UP".

Matt
06-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Being in the UK, I've not seen it yet, but am very proud of our William!

Be nice to know what he modelled exactly, so I can look out for it. I looked at the stills on Pixar's site, but couldn't see anything that was overtly Will!

:)

Crossfire
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM
If i had to take a wild guess at what William had a hand in, I would have to say the storks. They seem to have his signature look and features.
Just a guess.:D

Hopper
06-01-2009, 04:12 PM
It would be great if the shorts would show wires at the end! :D

kjl
06-01-2009, 04:36 PM
If i had to take a wild guess at what William had a hand in, I would have to say the storks. They seem to have his signature look and features.
Just a guess.:D

Nope, he did the geometry for most (or all? I forget) of the baby animals and a few misc items like the (spoiler alert!) helmet and pads.

3danim8d
06-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I saw William's name in the credits for the short and didn't know if it was the same William Vaughan.

Now that I do, Congrats William!!!

Jeff

thomascheng
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
That short was one of the best I've seen from Pixar too. Those cute character models really did wonders.

BlueApple
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
The proportions on the baby critters were lovely. Nice work, Mr. Vaughan.

robertoortiz
06-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Great work william

-R

CGI Addict
06-02-2009, 12:26 AM
I want to chime my congrats to William too. Great work man!

DrStrik9
06-02-2009, 02:57 AM
I have GREATLY appreciated William Vaughn's Lightwave tutorial videos. It's obvious by these that he is a very intelligent, capable, and artistic person, who also knows a TON about Lightwave. I suspect that someone with the level of talents, creativity, communication ability, and artistic vision that William Vaughn displays would ultimately experience success without limit, in his chosen field. This is still a free world, right?

I've just never really had the opportunity to reflect and to say how much I have benefited from his videos. So it's really nice to hear of his credit in this short film, but it's not really a very big surprise to me. :-) I wish him the greatest success and am glad we have people of his caliber hanging around here.

Thanks, William.

Michael

Crossfire
06-02-2009, 06:12 AM
I have GREATLY appreciated William Vaughn's Lightwave tutorial videos. It's obvious by these that he is a very intelligent, capable, and artistic person, who also knows a TON about Lightwave. I suspect that someone with the level of talents, creativity, communication ability, and artistic vision that William Vaughn displays would ultimately experience success without limit, in his chosen field. This is still a free world, right?

I've just never really had the opportunity to reflect and to say how much I have benefited from his videos. So it's really nice to hear of his credit in this short film, but it's not really a very big surprise to me. :-) I wish him the greatest success and am glad we have people of his caliber hanging around here.

Thanks, William.

Michael

YEP!:agree:

Titus
06-02-2009, 08:58 AM
He's talented and hyperactive. I met him a few years ago and he was working in something like five companies at the same time.

Hopper
06-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Well now that he's big and famous, I hope he will still do some charity work and hang out with us little people once in a while.. :)

OnlineRender
06-03-2009, 06:34 AM
ye i was thinking that , hes made it big style , im glad 4 him , all that hard work paid off ! but does that mean hes distance himself from mortals like me , would be nice here from him !