PDA

View Full Version : Reeal quick skin possible?

Pakorn1
06-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi all,

I'm working on a medical model that's focused mostly on the insides of the throat and mouth. The model is vertically split so it's basically the effect of a cadaver split in half. I need to do something a little better for the outside skin of the model than just a solid "peachy" color, and was wondering if there's a real quick way to achieve this. I'm not looking for the most super realistic skin - heck, I don't even want to unwrap the model exterior or paint any sort of texture map for it. Just wondering if there's a shader or plugin or something out there that will make it look just a little better.

Thanks!
-Rob

Pakorn1
06-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Okay, so I found the Fast Skin node, and it seems to be about what I'm looking for. Can anyone recommend a good lighting setup for this? I'm currently using Radiosity - Backdrop Only, with a white backdrop, which I guess should be mostly used for a clay-like render, but the Fast skin is way too bright and really washed out.

Giacomo99
06-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry, it's sort of hard to tell what the issues are if you don't post some kind of sample. You don't need to actually attach the model if you don't want to--a scene containing a simple sphere with your skin surface and lighting setup it will make it much easier to offer concrete feedback, though.

Pakorn1
06-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I've attached them below

The ball has the skin material, and the other 2 objects are just regular textures to show what the lighting should be doing.

My lighting and materials are, as far as I can tell, the same as in my scene, although when I render this the ball is partially transparent? Not sure why. I guess I'm looking for a way to use this method of lighting but fix the skin to not be transparent (in my actual scene the problem is overexposure, though, and not transparency)