PDA

View Full Version : Lightwaves a cannibal!!

MiniFireDragon
08-21-2003, 11:01 AM
Ok folks, I am having some serious issues with Lightwave. Once again, my plugins are failing to load. So I go an look into the Lightwave directory and the plugins folder is gone! What's going on here? I think I found a correlation with it. Last time this happened, I let my license.key file expire before I put it in. And since I recently reinstalled it because my plugin directory went awol I had the window to put in the license key again. Not having the key with me, I let it expire and now that I have it, it destroyed my plugins folder again!!!

I am the only one that uses or even touches this PC so I know it wasn't erased.

meshmaster
08-21-2003, 11:07 AM
If it's xp machine, and you did system restore at some time - that could have messed up the registry...

MiniFireDragon
08-21-2003, 11:19 AM
No, it's windows 2000. And the directory is gone. As in no folder called Plugins inside the Lightwave folder.

JamesCurtis
08-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Anything else missing? There have been some viruses that delete random files from a machine. Not sure if the current Blaster worm is one of them. I really hope this isn't your problem.

MiniFireDragon
08-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Some of my Lscripts were missing too. But there is not viruses on the system, that is checked and current.

08-22-2003, 02:17 PM
Recent LW upgrade install packages wipe and re-write plugin and preset directories.
Back them up. You know it makes sense.