PDA

View Full Version : New Demo Reel

skywalker113
05-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Here is my first Demo Reel. How well would I be as a freelance artist judging by the work I done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLMBDX_b5M

toby
05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Not bad dude! I'd do 2 things; 1, re-render the rocket in the beginning with shadows on (preferably with a little softness, not just hard shadows) and some fill light or gi, and 2 don't show the close-up shots of the egyptians. I'd say those are the weakest parts of the reel. Then go ahead and pimp it, but don't stop doing more of those projects! The guys who stop just because they have one finished reel go nowhere.

I recommend you don't show people a youtube copy though, make a good quality video and let people download it.

OnlineRender
06-01-2009, 01:07 AM
VG i would throw in some wireframe renders of your cars , also i would shorten and take the weaker stuff out " lightsaber" and "two characters in 1 scene " . better to have 1 minute of solid work ,try viemo for better quality , remember you a 10 second judgment window , make your impact then .

GL

peace .

AdamAvenali
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
also, if it is going to be downloaded on its own or on its own page, you may want to throw some contact info on the front and back ends.

halley
06-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Put your best work first. The renders of the cars and trucks in my opinion are your best work. Very professional. Your city shot of Vegas should be upfront too. Kill off the tanks and Egyptians all together. I agree with the other you have ten seconds to make a first impression.

Also I have not had to look for a job in some time but I believe the reel is like a resume always changing and create the reel to fit the position you are applying for.

Good work

toby
06-01-2009, 12:53 PM
also, if it is going to be downloaded on its own or on its own page, you may want to throw some contact info on the front and back ends.
Oh definitely :agree:

4dartist
06-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow, for a first reel I think that's great!

You should be very proud and keep it up.