PDA

View Full Version : pressing numpad "0" on laptop impossible

erikals
05-30-2009, 09:22 AM
good morning/ evening', :)

i wonder how you go about this,
pressing numpad "0" on a standard keyboard switches from Quad view to Single view,...

however, pressing numpad "0" on a laptop is impossible, as it has none,..

i wonder, how do you fix this?

AdamAvenali
05-30-2009, 09:42 AM
my asus g1s has a 0 key, though its a bit tricky to find. i have to hit function+m.

edit: my bad on that one. i havent used it in a while. i actually have to hit function+insert to turn on num lock and then a section of my keyboard turns into the number pad. it is really a pain though so i usually plug in a full size keyboard into a usb.

Jockomo
05-30-2009, 10:24 AM
That's why they put that little icon in the top right hand corners of the display windows. The one that looks like a box made of 2 triangles. Just for laptop folks who don't have the numeric pad.
If it's ghosted you need to go into display properties and set up for multiple screens

erikals
05-30-2009, 10:46 AM
ahhh.... :D

(tried finding the function in the Ctrl+F9 menu, but wasn't there)

thanks Mister! this works :)

evenflcw
05-30-2009, 01:30 PM
That's why they put that little icon in the top right hand corners of the display windows. The one that looks like a box made of 2 triangles. Just for laptop folks who don't have the numeric pad.
If it's ghosted you need to go into display properties and set up for multiple screens

That's what many believe and that was how NT sold it. But fact is this function was already possible to map to any key you wanted. You just had to open up the Key Configuration panel. For some reason many users don't want to divert from the defaults, not even an inch, to optimize their workflow. Their loss.

EDIT:
The command is called "Single View On/Off".

erikals
05-30-2009, 08:27 PM
That's what many believe and that was how NT sold it. But fact is this function was already possible to map to any key you wanted. You just had to open up the Key Configuration panel. For some reason many users don't want to divert from the defaults, not even an inch, to optimize their workflow. Their loss.

EDIT:
The command is called "Single View On/Off".

hum, gotta try that...
strange though that the numeric zero command is not listed in the Ctrl+F9 list.