PDA

View Full Version : manual archive control for live internet streaming

luis.ayuso
05-29-2009, 09:32 PM
windows media encoder allows manual archive control so that i can record just a segment of the stream, like for my church, just the sermon at the same bit rate of the stream so the i can upload it to the website. this way i don't have to encode the video from recording to disk as it is now, i can just upload the bit that i wanted in the first place and be done with it right when the stream is done.

this could be in the form of a button that says stream record, and allows me to not record the ENTIRE stream as the options allow now. to do something like this now i would have to stop mid stream, select record stream in the recording settings, and then start the stream again, only to do it all again to stop the recording.

luis.ayuso
06-04-2009, 02:26 PM
*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP*BUMP *BUMP*BUMP

yes i really need this and i know it was in the old feature requests area... before they changed the forum.

xleggs
06-04-2009, 05:29 PM
This would help with having a test period prior to the webcast, then just record the webcast.

luis.ayuso
06-05-2009, 07:34 PM
i just want to be able to record say the church sermon and only the sermon, in the same bitrate as the stream as its easier to upload to the internet for archiving. thus people can watch the archive an hour after the service.

yes i see how it could be good for the test use, but then again you can just start and stop the stream with the record stream turned on. in my case when i borrowed a tricaster from the local dealer, for me to do this, i had to stop the stream, select the option to record the stream. start the stream before the pastor starts talking, and then do this again to stop the recording of the stream. Stoping the stream for my viewers is NOT something i want to do, and this feature would eliminate a computer for me. so i don't have to stream and record from windows media encoder somewhere else.
this is what makes getting it online in an hour possible.