PDA

View Full Version : imported quicktime movies as background

cwarden
05-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm running an uncompressed quicktime movie through layout to add some flares and tweak the color. The movie is over 800mb but image editor lists it's size as a couple megs.

Without any adjustments, softening or antialiasing, frames rendered at the same size should not change, correct? Well I'm losing some finer details in this process. Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

cwarden
05-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Switching the camera from classic to advanced seems to have fixed the problem. (and increased the rendering time more than 500%)

Weird.

flakester
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Couple of things off the top of my head - though I could very well be wrong on these points (as I don't use Layout as a grading and post tool).

If you have QT Pro, is the 'high quality' switch checked for the video properties of the file?
Was the QT file rendered out with fields?
Any change in quality with use of the perspective camera in LW?

Could you transcode the QT file into a PNG or TGA sequence (both of which will compress without loss I think) and use one of those instead?

Again, sorry if I'm way off course with any of these, just my thoughts.

--
flakester

toby
05-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Are you mapping the .mov to a polygon or is it in the camera background? The camera background would be best, and switch off mipmapping in the image editor just in case. You *should* be able get pixel-for-pixel out of lw with the classic cam. What reconstruction filter do you have it set to?

oobievision
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I usually use uncompressed avi's and they run no prob