PDA

View Full Version : Missing Export OBJ

nino73
05-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Question to the pros:

I have LW 9.3 (Mac Power PC) at work and at home, then upgraded to 9.6.
Downloaded the upgrade at the work computer and installed on both work and home computers.
The issue: On the computer at home there IS the Export OBJ feature and on the computer at work there IS NOT the Export OBJ button (as well as in the plugins drop-down).

How do I get it back on my work computer? Is it possible that some "parts" didn't load correctly? What do I do? and how do I do it? is it a plugin that i can snag separately somewhere or do I have to reload (yuk) everything? where do I find it? where do I get it?

What I dont understand is that I loaded it on the work computer first then the one at home....why did it not load this? Also, if i go back and fire up 9.3 on the work computer Export OBJ is not there either. I thought that maybe I could move a missing file from 9.3 into the 9.6 folder but its not there either.
I was never sure when upgrading how to do it so I have both versions on both computers....and I also have the issue that 9.6 gets "like a boot stuck in mud" issue as well. Does this have something to do with having both versions in the computer? Sooooo, if I have to reload everything on both computers.....how do I do it correctly?
Thanks guys.

Kuzey
05-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Mmmm...so you have both 9.3 and 9.6 on the same computer??

If so, you need to create a Preferences folder for 9.6 to use...otherwise it'll use the default one that 9.3 uses and cause problems.

Basically, create a folder called "Preferences" within your LW9.6 folder and copy the license key to this folder and then rescan the plugins for both versions.

There are threads on this in this very forum for more details.

:D

Kuzey