PDA

View Full Version : Max object came in as 250 objects

heynewt
05-27-2009, 01:43 PM
A MAX guy sent me a large building that, when I unzipped the file, came in as a Lightwave scene (*.lws) accompanied by 250 separate objects that make up the one single building.

The .lws scene file opens fine. But I need this to be a single object. I've tried Collapse Object in Layout, but that just crashes. I've tried One-Touch Scene to Object, but that crashes also.

Are there any workarounds to this. Anyone faced this before?

Robert N.

BeeVee
05-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Load all the objects into Modeler, make sure you have the Layers window open and click the foreground column. This should put all the objects into the foreground. Then, without selecting anything, hit Copy. Create a new object and hit paste.

B

heynewt
05-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks Beevee,

It's not separate "layers", as I said it's 250 separate objects. That would work fine if it was 250 layes in one object. But that's not going to work with 250 separate objects, will it?

UPDATE: Hmmm, just did a test. I can go through and open each object and click each foreground layer separately, but you can't multi-select separate objects in Modeler. And clicking on the F header doesn't multi-select all the objects.

Robert

BeeVee
05-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Hmm, yes I see what you mean. However, you can multi-select the different objects - you have to expand them all and shift-click on the layer, but it does work. Bit of a slog though.

B

heynewt
05-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. Probably do it in 50 object stages in case I mess something up.

Here we go...

Thanks,

Robert