PDA

View Full Version : How Jose Burgos helped me in a pinch

LoneLantern
05-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey all, this is my first post.

I just wanted to share with everyone how Jose really came through for me on my first Tricaster project.

Due to the total lack of real feature rich video tutorials explaining how to use the Tricaster Studio, I turned to the forum here to find help... then I stumbled upon a thread where someone was giving this guy Jose big props for coming through...

...we were up against the clock and needed a custom lower third to match the lower third we've been using from our old production and Jose walked us through the process on how to create a custom title... (like I really have the time to read that HUGE manual)

anyway this guy was crucial in our broadcast, and he was reasonably priced... and he even worked on a holiday to see to it that our production got what it needed...

I recommend him and look forward to using him in the future... find him here: http://burgosfx.com/BURGOSFX/Contact.html

NOTE TO TRICASTER MAKERS: Hire this guy to make basic, entry level, video tutorials... your sales overview videos just don't do the trick.

Zane Condren
05-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Jose is the best, thats for sure!

We have been hard at work on producing a "Getting Started" Video tutorial for TriCaster. The Good news is that its done and off to be replicated. We will start shipping it in the box with every TriCaster as soon as receive them in house. Send me an email to [email protected] with your mailing address and I will send you a copy.

Zane Condren
05-27-2009, 09:39 PM
If you have some specific areas you would like to see covered in great detail email me those as well and I will add them to the list. Training is currently a big focus at NewTek, so we want to make y'all happy

csandy
05-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Jose truly is a gem!

And he doesn't give you a hard time if you can't find the ascii code to spell his name properly....

billmi
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
He's good people, for sure.

Paul Lara
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Jose is a wonderful person, and I'm honored to call him 'friend'.

joseburgos
06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Thank you all for the kind words.

I just posted a tutorial late last night on how to make simple title templates and it has a bonus portion showing how to make a permanent title template;
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99303

Take care,

mahasf
06-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Jose, very good tutorial...thanks for taking the time

xleggs
07-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Jose is the best, thats for sure!

We have been hard at work on producing a "Getting Started" Video tutorial for TriCaster. The Good news is that its done and off to be replicated. We will start shipping it in the box with every TriCaster as soon as receive them in house. Send me an email to [email protected] with your mailing address and I will send you a copy.

Will you post this video on the site? I need to train 2 other crew members on the TriCaster before my vacation in August.

Zane Condren
07-31-2009, 10:31 AM
This video won't be online but you can request one to be mailed to you by sending me an email with your mailing address, [email protected]

Jim_C
07-31-2009, 11:21 AM
(like I really have the time to read that HUGE manual)

You may want to find the time to do this.

Admitting to not reading then manual then complaining that you don't know how to accomplish something seems a little contradictory to me.

and yes, Jose is the man.

SBowie
07-31-2009, 11:34 AM
We're always happy to receive feedback on manuals, even if it is just to say they are "huge" (I suppose that's better than "tiny"?) ;)

The manuals generally launch as soon as possible (i.e., right after discussing basic setup operations), into a Quick Start section - but I'm entirely in favor of video for that purpose - whether instead or in addition to what the manual provides.

Paul Lara
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm guessing 'in addition to', Steve.
Most people don't have a DVD player setup at 'the throne'.

We're always happy to receive feedback on manuals, even if it is just to say they are "huge" (I suppose that's better than "tiny"?) ;)

The manuals generally launch as soon as possible (i.e., right after discussing basic setup operations), into a Quick Start section - but I'm entirely in favor of video for that purpose - whether instead or in addition to what the manual provides.

SBowie
08-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Most people don't have a DVD player setup at 'the throne'.Really? What is this, the 70's? Phillistines ... ;)

Paul Lara
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
...at which point this conversation swings 'round full circle, since the subject header says 'in a pinch'. LOL :D

joseburgos
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
...at which point this conversation swings 'round full circle, since the subject header says 'in a pinch'. LOL :D

Hey, I charge extra for that service :)

PIZAZZ
08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Most people don't have a DVD player setup at 'the throne'.

Why would you need a DVD player at the throne position is a Iphone works just perfectly?

Just put the videos online and stream them.

billmi
08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Watching a video on the throne? There's an app for that.

jmmultex
03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
Just wanted to echo the sentiment expressed in this thread. Almost everyone I've met or talked to in the Newtek community has been open and helpful, but Jose Burgos always seems to take it to that next level.

He spent over half an hour with me on the phone explaining how to leverage certain plug-ins to vastly improve my workflow - all in response to a post I did earlier on this forum.

"Awesome" and "Incredible" are adjectives that come to mind...

Thanks Jose!

-john mahoney

WOWIO
07-20-2010, 02:52 PM
We found Jose Burgos by searching for some user generated tips and tricks for implementing custom graphics into the Tricaster.

Our company, KillScreen Productions, has been on the fast-track of developing an online video production for WOWIO - a digital conduit for comic book and graphic novel creators and publishers. Our goal was to create something that was immediately recognized as unique within the digital video universe using the Tricaster as a means of creating a high quality multi-camera production.

After being frustrated by the Tricaster's not-exactly-intuitive interface, we completely stalled when it came to creating custom branded double-boxes for use in our production. Luckily, we discovered Jose...

Jose was not only incredibly generous with his time and insight, but he also provided his services as a graphic producer and, working in concert with WOWIO's in-house designer, helped us create and implement custom double-boxes into our Tricaster for our upcoming production at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con.

We have a lot of interesting and exciting production in development with WOWIO and plan on using Jose's services quite a few more times in the future. If you want someone who can help you take your production design and execution to the next level, you should consider using him, too.

Thanks, Jose! :beerchug:

Matt West :jam:
KillScreen Productions

Paul Lara
07-21-2010, 05:02 PM
YEARS ago, when I was in New York City, and in a real bind, I started frantically calling everyone I knew for assistance. Jose Burgos came to my aid. He's as genuinely nice as he is TriCaster-savvy!

jmmultex
07-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I can attest to that - Jose is a great guy.

Tim H.
08-04-2010, 01:26 PM
I concur with the sentiments of the other posters. Jose has been extremely helpful to me over the past couple weeks in getting some TriCaster-related stuff solved.

bbailey
07-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I had Bill Mills compile two .avi's I had built and wanted to use as transitions for my Tricaster Broadcast. They were really great.

My company, Trans Global Productions, Inc., does video production in West Texas. We do a lot of multicamera work and have since 1984. One of the things we do every year is tape-delayed broadcasts of the high school football games. One of the teams is THE "Friday Night Lights" team the movie is about...the Permian Panthers. It was my announcers you heard all through the movie.

These transitions Bill compiled for me were from .avi's I designed in Bluff Titler, an inexpensive animation software. After using the transitions for a while I wished I could modify them some.

I purchased a NOS Aura and was able to upgrade to the highest version which I could run on my XP computer that I also used for my Trinity switcher.

Once the software was loaded and working I tried to understand how to compile one of my .avi's but never could exactly figure it out. I sat on the software for the next football season and did nothing with it.

We're coming up on football right now and I started thinking about those transitions again. I see a lot of response from Jose Burgos on the forum so I decided to see if he could give me a leg up as to making the software work for me. He replied immediately and sent a word file describing the "How to" and he recorded a step-by-step video of the process.

After watching the video I started up my Aura 2.5 and began trying to compile a new animation I had just completed. Jose's video showed me what I had not understood from the written info I had gotten hold of after buying the software. It became so easy that I have now built a total of 6 more transitions and have modified the other two originals. I literally owe this to the efforts of Jose.

Thanks, Jose!

By the way, I was having trouble with the icon for each transition. I was rendering a single frame of each animation as a .jpg, opening it in photoshop to change the size to 200 X 135. The icon would load without the transition, but as soon as the transition was build and loaded, I could no longer see the icon. Turned out, my Bluff Titler was making a .jpg at 120dpi. I hadn't noticed that so I went back and changed the 200 X 135's to 72dpi and everything works perfectly.

Again, thanks, Jose!