View Full Version : Dongle Swap Nightmare!!!!!

08-21-2003, 08:05 AM
Does anyone know who I can contact at Newtek US to give Newtek Europe a kick up the arse?

I took my old parallel dongle to a local dealer on 1st August to swap it for a new USB duo.

Nearly three weeks later and I still haven't got the new dongle because it has to be sent from Newtek in France and they appear to be pretty bloody useless.

After the dongle didn't appear during the first week I contacted my local dealer who chased them up.

After the dongle didn't appear during the second week I again contacted my local dealer who chased them again up only to find that Newtek Europe hadn't done anything about it because they were all on holiday.

Now, in week three, I've just found out that they won't swap it because the original is for 5.6. I upgraded to 7.5 over a month ago and got DFX+ but I can't use either of the apps because I can't register them.

Does it normally take Newtek Europe 3 weeks to tell you that you can't have something?

Yesterday, I sent them my serial for 7.5 and yet they have all gone quiet. Now I'm totally in the dark as to when, or even IF, I will ever get the new dongle.

Until then, I have no dongle at all (and haven't had it for the last 3 weeks) so my apps ar ejust gathering dust.

One very p.....d off customer

08-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Maybe you try to send an email directly to nt france. i did so just to ask for my status of delivery after i ordered my 7.5 package. and they answered one day later.

08-21-2003, 08:28 AM
I'll give it a go, but to be honest I don't have much faith in them sorting it out.

They've already said that they sent me an email (which I have never received). However, the date that they give for sending the email was two days before I had even started to try and swap it.

They're obviously telepathetic.

08-22-2003, 02:36 AM
Dear sir,
We are sorry for the delay.
NewTek Europe received the order from the UK on Monday 18th of August.
We then asked for the version and serial number of your product.
The number given to us corresponds to a Graphic Studio bundle bought recently in the USA (LightWave 5.6 and Aura).
These bundles are discounted and are not eligble for the 7.5 DFX+ upgrade special that you bought.
Despite the fact the Graphic Studio is not eligible we registered it(Very good deal !).
All of this to say that we only got your product information yesterday from our UK distributor.
Your dongle has been sent that very same day and should be delivered in the UK today (21st Aug.).
We are contacting our distributor to make sure that you will be served as fast as possible.

Best regards,
Franck Lafage
NewTek Europe

08-22-2003, 03:36 AM
Many thanks for the reply Franck.

Given your version of the events I would suggest that you maybe contact the authorised reseller, Zen Computers, because they have assured me that the order went through on 1st August 2003.

That said, I'm not looking for any more reasons as to who, why or when. All I've ever wanted was to obtain the new dongle so that I can use my software.

Given your reassurance that the dongle is on its way and that it will be delivered as quickly as possible, I'm happy with that.

BTW, I contacted Newtek US before I bought the GS bundle and they assured me that it could be upgraded to the 7.5 & DFX+ offer and they too mentioned that it was a very good deal.

Am I right in thinking that the dongle will be delivered to the UK distributor today and then sent out to me? Just wanted to check, as it is a bank holiday here next Monday so I wanted to know if I would be likely to receive it today, tomorrow or next Tuesday.

Thanks anyway

08-22-2003, 06:19 AM
We called your dealer distributor and got the insurance that they will ship it today (If it is delivered to them today which should be the case).
Thank you for your understanding.

Franck lafage
NewTek Europe