PDA

View Full Version : New bugs LW9.6UB

Kuzey
05-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi guys...Oooooooh I found a new bug or two :D

1/ As you can see the "last rendered frame" and "last render time" items disappear during render and return once it ends.

Again this is an old file, but no bones in this one. Just updating the surfacing with nodes and using DP Deformer node for the first time.

2/ After a period of playing around with surfaces and test renders etc (same scene as above). I try to revert the scene by reloading the same scene and making sure to click no on the save objects panel that pops up.

But the scene doesn't revert at all, it keeps the last unsaved surfaces. I clear the scene and then reload it and still the surfaces don't revert. In the end I had to tab to Modeler and revert there and save, only then the surfaces updated in Layout.

I'll try to reproduce the bugs in a more simple scene and send that in.

Kuzey

Kuzey
05-22-2009, 07:30 AM
ps...just so no one gets the wrong idea, that image grab is not the first render but render 14 or so :hey:

Kuzey

jwiede
05-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Sounds like your scene in memory is somehow overwriting the scene on disk you're trying to reload. Check your prefs regarding load/save, make sure save-before-load settings aren't set to auto-saving somehow (which would overwrite the disk file).

I vaguely recall a similar bug in 9.6OB Mac, a few weeks/months before it was released, might want to check and see if there are any similarities.

Kuzey
05-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Thanks John,

I have to check the load/save settings next time I boot up Mac OS X. The funny thing is....the dialog for the save objects comes up before the scene loads so I presume it's unchanged.

3/
Interesting you mention the in memory scene v disk file/scene. I have noticed Layout would change the name of the object on occasion and if I save by accident, it would save the file at the directory belonging to the changed (existing) object name. I do a lot of object swapping in a scene and saving that scene in a different directory with the name of the new object. eg. I load a scene called tintoy_scene.lws, swap out the model and save the scene as platformshoe_scene.lws etc.

I wonder if the scene file keeps a reference to the old name and directory location when it shouldn't and overwrites the new object file name to the stored one etc.

I's not fun opening one of my tin toys objects to find out it's actually a shoe model. This has happened at least four times already :hey:

Kuzey