PDA

View Full Version : OT: Politics - First American Vice President in power visiting Kosova

DiedonD
05-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Way fresh news for you. So fresh as to I cant still find news in the internet links! It just happened a few moments ago!

US Vice President visited Republic of Kosova, and has had a grand welcoming from this side! The media is going crazy, and US No2 has had the parlament rize to their feet applauding Mr. Biden after his speech, which I should probably wait a while longer for it to upload at youtubes by someone!

Hes going to a the Serb Orthodox Church now!

Now, I did hear quite nice things about him. But didnt took it seriosly.

But then, I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZogeRmbjo

That shows how great and serious the man is!

Im searching for his great speeches that he just had over here at the Presidency and Parlament. Im searching for them in the internets. They had me moved, and would like to share and when I find them, Ill post them ok.

But till then... How is he perceived elsewhere?

vicrest
05-21-2009, 07:07 AM
'That shows how great and serious the man is!'

'Stand up Chuck............oh sorry....'

meshpig
05-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Yes, that must sound like good news for you guys. We're getting way too much obfuscation about the GFC ( global financial crisis) to the point where I had to sort of pinch myself to remember who the VP of the USA actually is.

You have to consider too that the GFC was more or less caused by "democracy" gone a little hormonal.

m:)

DiedonD
05-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Yes, that must sound like good news for you guys. We're getting way too much obfuscation about the GFC ( global financial crisis) to the point where I had to sort of pinch myself to remember who the VP of the USA actually is.

You have to consider too that the GFC was more or less caused by "democracy" gone a little hormonal.

m:)

Yeah. We'll have more on GFC a bit later. Heres something of how the media is focused on Mr. Biden here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOG1sq1muvA

Its in Albanian sorry, the only 'fresh' news I could find for now! In the end you see him under our 6 stars that are on our flag and coat of arms.

Mentions that he arrived, what was the form of his welcoming as you can see, what he will do, speak to our leaders, parlament and to that church, and to the US base here that is named BONDSTEEL for those that dont know. Pretty cool name. And that a small Kosovar minority by contrast here might be on protest for his arrival.

More to come... But otherwise a tough debator in person huh?

meshpig
05-21-2009, 07:23 AM
'That shows how great and serious the man is!'

'Stand up Chuck............oh sorry....'

Now now, don't be facetious Yankee humour is only renowned on 2 bit & and less TV shows you know?

DiedonD
05-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Now now, don't be facetious Yankee humour is only renowned on 2 bit & and less TV shows you know?

Oh so it is some sort of US humor huh?

Like standing up to the flag? :)

I wonder how it makes you guys feel when some other country greatly admires you, your countries policy and your administration :thumbsup:

meshpig
05-21-2009, 07:34 AM
More to come... But otherwise a tough debator in person huh?

Yeah, he's certainly no mealy mouthed Dick Chaney:D

meshpig
05-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh so it is some sort of US humor huh?

No, I didn't understand what "vicrest" meant, just read it as an in-joke... US humour is sometimes a bit too puerile.

IMI
05-21-2009, 07:49 AM

What is that supposed to mean?

And, will you ever try to make statements that aren't so cryptic as to be almost completely unintelligible? That would be appreciated.

IMI
05-21-2009, 07:52 AM
No, I didn't understand what "vicrest" meant, just read it as an in-joke... US humour is sometimes a bit too puerile.

Well don't call it puerile if you don't understand it. Look it up.

rezman
05-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Cue card for Biden:

Open mouth. Insert foot. Close mouth.

IMI
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Cue card for Biden:

Yeah, you sure got that right. :D

Biden's been in politics for a long time and I have to admit I've always liked him, and he's always been good for a few unexpected laughs.
It should be an entertaining next four or more years. ;)

DiedonD
05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Still searching for the speeches here. But the one above about Mr. Biden seems to be the fifth part of the debate between Mr. Biden and Mr. DioGuardy. Look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvtT7l7dcO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoFg89WXe7I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtneVHNjB78&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDe9vFVgmJU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnCLv2_AhI&feature=related

Mr. DioGuardy also didnt left a stone unturned regardinig the truth of how and why it happened, if you could bare to listen the first three parts! Thats 100% true, and hes practically voicing us there!

DiedonD
05-21-2009, 08:38 AM

Biden's been in politics for a long time and I have to admit I've always liked him, and he's always been good for a few unexpected laughs.

:gotpics: of those unexpected laughs? ;)

DiedonD
05-21-2009, 09:13 AM
They have started to put better things there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ5r9Yps-fI

In Albanian again, a better one, it captures this day in more detail.

Basically it mentions the US support, that Independence is irreversible, and that Kosova will always be as a whole as it is now, and that a remarkable progress has been made in this one year in freedom. You see him greeting the PM in an albanian brotherly way there, and a golden medal was handed over, and you see him rizing the entire parlament to its feet in applauding Mr. Biden.

And I saw, though now its not visible in that link I think, Mr. Biden greeting the Kosovar Coat of Arms symbol there in the parliement, with a honorable head bow! Isnt that AMAZING!!!

To think that this great day would come.... Im speachless :thumbsup:

But its not what I was hoping to post yet. Im waiting for the whole 5-7 minute speech that he did on the Parliemant and at the Presidency! Cause that was quite a great speech indeed!

If nobody puts that at youtubes, the newspaper will probably capture it word by word, when Ill interpret it again tomorow :thumbsup:

Cheers
:beerchug:

meshpig
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Cue card for Biden:

Yeah, but it took Bush and Chaney about five years to read the same card. That's about one word every quarter.

...zzzzzzt...zzzzt!

blacksmith
05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Hahaha!

meshpig
05-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Never mind 'cryptic', parochial is worse.

IMI
05-21-2009, 09:44 AM
And I saw, though now its not visible in that link I think, Mr. Biden greeting the Kosovar Coat of Arms symbol there in the parliement, with a honorable head bow! Isnt that AMAZING!!!

Not really amazing....
Biden's a good guy and all, but he is a supreme politician, with an expertise in foreign relations. Now, I'm not saying his gesture was empty or faked, but I can guarantee he thought that one up well ahead of time.

A calculated public show of respect, guaranteed to melt your patriotic little hearts, but certainly not amazing. Did he kiss any of your leader's babies while he was at it? ;)

vicrest
05-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Obama 'Distracted' by Biden's 'Indiscipline,' Book Asserts
The president is so "distracted by his vice president's indiscipline" that he has been forced to rebuke privately Vice President Biden, according to a new book by Richard Wolffe.

By Bill Sammon
FOXNews.com
Thursday, May 21, 2009

"He can't keep his mouth shut," Wolffe quotes a "senior Obama aide" as saying of the gaffe-prone Biden in "Renegade: The Making of a President," set for release June 2.

As evidence, Wolffe reports that during the presidential transition period, Biden insulted Valerie Jarrett, one of Obama's closest friends and confidantes. Jarrett had been considered Obama's top choice to fill his vacated Senate seat in Illinois, but took herself out of the running just hours after Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich allegedly told a wiretapped conference call he would not heed any Obama recommendation without a payoff.

"Soon after Jarrett pulled out of consideration for the Senate seat, the senior transition team met to discuss cabinet picks," Wolffe writes. "Biden tried to compliment Jarrett after one contribution. 'You should be in the Senate,' he quipped. After the meeting, as everyone returned to their offices, Obama stopped Biden to warn him not to say anything like that again. 'It's not funny,' he told him."

Obama ended up naming Jarrett a senior presidential adviser. After taking her post in the White House, Jarrett remarked on her boss's private communications with his inner circle.

"Very few people have his BlackBerry e-mail," she told Wolffe. "And they are very careful about using it."

vicrest
05-21-2009, 09:58 AM

I just quoted the words of Biden to a man sitting in a wheelchair.

Just one of the many, many stupid statements that he's made.

See the above ref to a new book on how the President handles him!

Paul Lara
05-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Per NewTek forum policies - politics is best discussed in other forums.