PDA

View Full Version : Need to create highway lines

Tony R
05-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Hi all. Although I have pretty much mastered T5, I am a LW moron. I use 3DA for anything decent. I was almost killed in a car crash in March and am being sued. I was on a two lane road and I was in the right lane and went into the left lane with no problem at 50mph (the same speed as everyone else). Soon as I did that, the girl behind me gunned it and went on the grass media around me and then turned hard right into my front left in an effort to get back on the road. I swirved to the right, hit someone, and swirved back and forth a few times before my Blazer turned over and came to a sliding halt.

Anyway, I am doing two things to defend myself. One, I have videotaped the road from overhead showing that cars pass eachother all day long and nothing happens. I need to show a jury this and that the girl's reaction is what caused the accident. Two, I want to make an animation that is looking down that shows the road with the dividing lines moving from top to bottom, simulating that cars are moving forward. Of course, I need a few cars too but I can just get a couple of pngs of them and keyframe the movements. Is there a lightwave template that has this already? I have LW8 or 8.5 (if there is such a version).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tony

safetyman
05-21-2009, 06:27 AM
I know there is some kind of scene in the LW content cd that has an animation of two or three vehicles in an accident at an intersection. There might be something in there that you can use.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for the best for you.

Tony R
05-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks safetyman. Have you ever seen it? Is it an overhead shot or head on? I guess it doesnt matter if I change the camera angle, right?

safetyman
05-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Correct. It's a multi-camera scene that shows an accident from different angles. It's pretty simplistic, but I think you could get some ideas from it. Since it's all LW, you can do whatever you want with it. I'm not at my usual office right now, so I don't have access to the content disks, but if you've got 8.5 you should be able to look through the content and find it.

Tony R
05-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the info. As I said in my OP, I know basically nothing about LW but I will imagine that I can change any part of the scene so that it may look like my accident. I have dabbled in it and have changed positions on the axis and created key frames so maybe I can do it. I'll let you know what happens.